Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Weather? Not Today @ BL
Went up to Bear Lake today to get my boat out of the shed that it's been stored in all winter. I wanted to get it off the top of the hill before more snow covered the road and made it impossible again. I'll get it ship-shape in my garage in Hyrum.

The water was fine all afternoon. Only a little sprinkle from time-to-time and only a little breeze. I made the [size 1]obligatory[/size] run to Idaho for a few beers to take home, and then I stopped by the Bear Lake State Park Marina to relax and hang out for a minute before I headed back over the hill to Hyrum. I didn't put the boat in the water because I hadn't properly disposed of the antifreeze in it yet. Besides, I hate launching it myself.

I only had my lightweight tackle with me. A short, limp, Ugly Stick with 4 pound test on it. I just flipped a Jakes from off the dike for about an hour. Well... I managed to catch and release two reasonable Cutt's before I headed home.

I wish the Weather Man had told us that today was going to be the calm before the storm. I too thought it was going to be bad weather.
[signature]
You see, it was my original plan to hit the bear today. BLM got sick and stayed up all night making upgrades on his boat that he is just going to sell anyways, and with the weather forecast we bagged bear lake and decided to just hit willard. Should have gone up to bear lake. Thanks for the report. ripn.
[signature]
The wind did kick up a little from time-to-time, but I never saw any white-caps. I saw several boats on the water, but not hardly any for a Saturday. I'll bet the forecast kept a lot of folks away. I wonder how the folks did in the boats.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It's a good thing I've got big shoulders with all this guilt I've got to bare! I should be drawn and quartered for getting sick and ruining the fishing! HA! You're a dog, Pred! I think a little sensitivity training is in order for you, young man. You should feel sorry that I feel so crappy and wish me the best of get wells. That's it! Next time we go fishing I'm just gonna have to school ya on how it done. Can't catch fish without me.....[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sorry your feeling so bad BLM but what are you doing to your boat now? WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm finishing all the flooring. I'm using 1/8" thk aluminum tread plate and screwing it down with s.s screws. Looks OK and durbalilty is forever but a little on the pricey side. The great thing is you can just pull the plug and hose her out when you want to clean the inside after a day on the lake. As Predator said, I'm getting ready to sell it and do some upgrading. [/size][/font]
[signature]
You told me you were upgrading but did you find out something about the boat you were thinking about buying in Cal? or are you looking at buying a different boat? WH2
[signature]
[center][Image: bad_attitude.jpg][/center][left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]This is the boat I'm looking at right now. It's a 22' Valco Bayrunner Baja Cuddy with and I/O Volvo Penta and Merc outdrive. She'sa a few years old but sea worthy. She is definitely a runner. She's been sitting for the last few years on the trailer so there's going to be some cash to get here back ship shape. Depends if I can get her for the price I want to pay. The name fit me just right too. She's called the "Bad Attitude".[/size][/font][/left]
[signature]
BLM, the only guy on willard bay with fourty mile radar and a boat built to take the roughest water in the state. Look at that thing! Its freaking awesome. Does that beast come complete with onboard toilet?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Nope, hang it over the rail and shoot for distance![/size][/font]
[signature]
You've gotta love this guy. Imagine what his humor would be like if he felt well!
[signature]
it looks like a navy seal assault vehicle!

sm
[signature]
Looks like a nice 50 cal. manchine gun mounted on top!!That ought to be able to take on the biggest waves on B.L.,good luck on gettin her!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.[cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
Wow, what a boat are you going to be a guide at Bear lake? If you get that boat, Jim Stone will be coming to you for advise, it doesn't come with that radar does it, ha,ha. Good luck I hope it works out. WH2
[signature]