Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stren magnathin
[Smile] im thinking of using this line in 6lb test fot ul trout fishing. im currently using 4lb test. can any1 tell me the pros and cons about this line???????????
[signature]
I use braided lines they last longer
[signature]
I've never used the magnathin, but I've always been happy with Stren's products. I actually use more of their braid than anything, but I don't think you can go wrong with Stren. Be sure to post up your results when you try it out!
[signature]
Absolutely love the stuff. I have it on every spinning real I own. My favorite is the 6lb test, 4lb diameter with 6lb strength. It does not have any memory at all and does not rat nest on the reel ever. It makes great casts, and is super strong. The green works very well for me all over the waters of Wyoming

Wyobraz
[signature]
I swear by it.

Concerning mono, I've used 4-8lb on most of my UL/L/ML spinning gear for as long as I can remember in the "walleye" green.

I love the stuff.
[signature]
I cant throw an 1/8 tube with out it it is one of the best small diameter fins line's out and tuff as hell for the dia.ash
[signature]
It is a very good line for general fishing. I used that stuff a few years back and gave it a good review for the general angler.

Just keep in mind though, the Magnathin will disqualify any submission for an IGFA record.

So just fish it for fun and enjoy.[cool]
[signature]