Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torrey
I have to go to Torrey in a couple of days. Can anyone tell me some areas where I can fish down there. Would prefer stream, but might also take my tube. Thanks.
[signature]
I fished Calf Creek an hour south of there a month ago very briefly ( left after 15 minute as the noseeums were biting my son and didn't have bug spray) but managed to land some 12-15 inch browns and cutts. I fished just downstream from the entrance to the State Park. I believe the Fremont River does have some trout in it but I have never stopped and tried it anywhere. Torrey does have a small Flyfishing shop/guide service in town but can't remember it's name. And of course Boulder Mountain is now open for a couple weeks and has tons of lakes. A month ago there was almost no snow below 10,000 ft so access should be pretty good for this time of year.
[signature]
After you pass through bicknell there will be a bend in the highway, the fremont river crosses under the road there. There is a road that will turn back to the west you can take that, i see people fishing back that way quite often. You also can fish it by the bend, however the area on both sides of the river burned about a month ago, i dont know if this affected the fishing there. the fremont has alot of river stretch through torrey area, there are lots of places to fish it, but some of it is private.
[signature]
The Fremont. if you want to drive towards Boulder and use the tube , Lower Bowns has always treated me well but I not sure if a car can get down than long (probably rutted though I don't know) road.
[signature]