Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tube fins.
I posted on the float tube board, but I wanted to get your guys opinions. is there enough of a performance difference between the more expensive fins like the force fins to justify the additional cost? I am currently using the wallie world cheapies and they get me from point a to point b, but I wouldn't mind covering a little more territory for my efforts.
as always, your input is greatly appreciated.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I responded to your post on the Float Tubing Board, and I will copy and paste my reply for the benefit of any other Utahns who have similar questions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]" [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][b][#0000ff]There are quite a few past threads on fins under [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=322050;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][#000000]THE BEST OF THE BEST[/#000000][/url]. There is also a pictorial thread on fins on the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=198689;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][#333366]PICTURE BOARD[/#333366][/url].[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am also attaching an excerpt on "Swim Fins" from my "book in progress".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In short, whatever moves you through the water efficiently and comfortably is fine. You do not have to blow a car payment on buying fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Some of the most high priced fins are the most overrated."[/#0000ff]
[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Attachments:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=24665;"][Image: pdf.gif][#000000] SWIM FINS.pdf [/#000000][/url](19.7 KB) [/size][/black][/font][/#0000ff][/b]
[signature]
I have never tried the Force fins personally but I have used the Brownings, the cheapie ones that lbuckle over wader boots and my mares avanti X3's I love the x3's

[inline planaavantix3.png]
[signature]
For whatever it is worth, I used a pair of Brownings for many years and they performed well. I purchased a pair of "Forcefinns" at the suggestion of a friend. I have found that the "Forcefinns" might propell me a little better but not apreciablly. But I am convinced that they are not as fatiguing as the Brownings. I have the "float tube" version of the Forcefinns (the ones with rear entry and designed to fit over wadding boots). I am convinced that they are easier to get on and off than the "swimmers/divers" version. I am not as young as I used to be. I am on the heavy side and by the time I get neoprene waders or breathable waders over wader liners on, it is a real pain to don and doff rergular finns. I appreciate the extra ease of the Forcefinns.
[signature]
thanks all for the info. I think i'm gonna keep my cheapies since i plan on upgrading to the fish cat cougar soon.
[signature]