Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake, windy, nasty
Launched at Lindon, Sat. morning. Talked to CP, and headed across the lake to do some fishing at Pelican point. Hooked a couple Carp. Waves got really bad and we decided to bail. Broke the anchor rope and had to leave an anchor and a marker bouy. Water temp only 46 up on the north end.Ran back to Lindon harbor on GPS. Couldn't hardly see with the waves crashing over the bow.
Loaded up and headed down to Lincoln beach. Not as nasty there. Still, windy and rain. Only two foot waves. Managed to get one Walleye. 21" Jigs and planer boards again.
Can't fish boards very good in high wind and waves. Precision kinda goes out the window. But waves put a unique action on a jig that you couldn't duplicate any other way. Water temp 48 on the south end.
Hey Chuck, or Cliff, how was the tournament?

walleyebob
[signature]
You are one tough fisherman to brave those conditions. I'm surprised you did not launch from Lincoln beach rather than Lindon harbor. I guess it is closer to Pelican point from Lindon. WH2
[signature]
I also was at Utah Lake Saturday morning. I got to Lincon Beach at about 7:00am. I was out in chest waders casting until 11:30am when the wind and the rain really picked up. Both my buddy and I didn't even get a hit. The only thing I saw reeled in was a 4lb carp. Maybe next weekend.
[signature]
Hey Bob...

I heard the boys in the tournament had a bit of a rough day out there as well. You can check out the results at [url "http://www.utbass.com"]www.utbass.com[/url] . It was won with a single 17 incher...
[signature]
Utah Lake can be a great place to fish, but I watch the weathre report and if it looks like and wind I fish another lake. Too many people have lost thier lives on that lake. Sometimes you can see the bottom between swells. I boat comes to a quick stop and the waves do the rest. Last year three baots were swamped bye Bird Island.
[signature]