Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
and it begins...
Hit the 'Nelle early this morning (Northern Utah), it was cold but not as cold as I thought it was going to be. I was there for about 4 hours. Water temp. in main lake was 47* The bass were'nt very active after (during) this cold front. I caught one smallmouth and my buddy caught one largemouth. I did hook into a 20" bow on a 5" grub. I got slime on my hands, yuk![pirate] It was the first smallmouth for the year but definately not the last.
Missed a couple in 18' of water. Should be good this weekend.
[inline "Jordanelle5-06-07 1.jpg"]
Those are the coveralls I go ice fishing in, it's still a bit chilly!
[signature]
That is a sweet one bro. Good job.[cool]
[signature]
Nice smallie! I wished we had some down here, just to dang hot!
[signature]
I have to go farther north to get Smallies. There are none by me neither.[unsure]
[signature]
Sometimes I feel that I could do without the smallies and have warmer temps and then I feel that tap...Should be warming up soon here. There was a nasty coldfront that moved through and messed everything up. Not quite 90's like Georgia but in the 70's here soon.
It was a pretty good challenge for me today-coldfront, low temps, low water temp., low temps (did I mention that?). I only caught one but I am happy that I could get one. Utah's climate in the spring makes it tough for a bass addict. A couple warm days, hear some reports of bass caught and bam! 40* weather for the next week. It doesn't stop me from trying and I had another great time out on the lake with my fishin' buddy. OK, that was fun now bring on the 53* water temp and sunshine[Smile]

Edit: Correction on the ambient temps. are supposed to be in the high 80's all this week. WOOHOO! Fish on!
[signature]