Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone do any fishing this weekend?
I went saturday, nothing great but its always great just to get out and catch a few. I'd like to hear from anyone else if they were able avoid the storms and wet some line!
[signature]
Well, I didn't get out this weekend, but I wanted to. LOL It looks like that storm comming in off the ocean is really going to rip the coastline. It might be a while before the fishing gets back on track. We've been getting pounded, I don't know what the deal is. Remember that movie "the day after tomorrow." ????? You know, the one where the ice caps melt really fast and those winter storms attack the world, freezing everything? Makes you think huh? [unimpressed]
[signature]
And middle Georgia stays in the 90's the whole time.............
[signature]
I know this is a couple weekends late, but my fishing buddy and I went to a pond near Milledgeville Sunday and caught 21 largemouth between us. All of them were pretty small, but it was a great trip. I'm paying for it though, my feet got sunburned so bad I haven't been able to get a pair of shoes on yet this week!
[signature]
Welcome aboard! As you can see the georgia board is kinda slow but I've been working on trying to get people involved, esp. around the middle georgia area. 21 bass in a day is worth sunburnt feet in my opinion[Wink] I went to Lake lanier this weekend and fished around the sardis boat ramp and caught a 3 pound spotted bass and a 5 pound largemouth. I was praying the largemouth was going to be a spot when I was fighting it but I cant complain. I dont know if you saw are not but we are having a sc/ga get together at myrtle beach state park July 14th and 15th. If you wanna go all its going to coast you is the gas to make it up there and the campsite. Its gonna be a fun trip. Matt
[signature]
That's right bro, the get together in SC is going to be a great time. Lots of fishing and eatting good food, maybe a couple cold frosty beverages, that kind of stuff.

You know Matt, I got to meet a few of the SC members this past saturday at the pier get together. That was alot of fun too, wish you guys could have made it. We didn't catch much fish, but we were in good company, so it was still fun.

Also, though the get together officially kicks off on the 14th, i'll be there on the 13th to get an extra night of camping in. [Tongue] Maybe we can find the watering hole that night or something. [cool]
[signature]
Sounds good to me, Im taking the 13th off so I'll get there hopefully early to mid afternoon. Im not sure when jimflash is leaving because he's on day shift now but Im sure he'll thake the 13th off too. All the people saying youre going (yall know who you are) need to get campsites reserved soon, its almost June. This is going to be a great trip and oppertunity to meet some of your fellow BFT anglers. I cant wait to hook into some mackeral[Wink]
[signature]
I got out last Sunday on Lake Joy...caught a few on a horny toad...man they were busting it out of the water. [cool]
[signature]
Welcome to the georgia boards! Its good to see some middle georgia anglers dropping by. Where were you fishing in lake joy? I know theres good bass fishing towards the back, but I usually have good luck with crappie at the small spillway. Alot of jacks and mudfish in there too though.
Matt
[signature]
Yeah I caught them way in the back just before the creek channel starts back into the woods. I haven't done any crappie fishin though.
Probably going to head to Houston lake this afternoon/evening...we'll see how they are biting in there. [Wink]
[signature]
Did you have any luck in houston lake? I'd lake to take a canoe or a flatbottom and fish the creek from lake joy to houston lake, I bet you could get into a mess of fish back there.

Matt
[signature]
No...i missed a few but never got hooked up. I can get back all the way to the lake joy spill way in my boat...it's about a 15/16 foot aluminum with a 50 hp Merc on it...no need for a canoe plus that would be one heck of a paddle...[crazy] The creek channel is deep enough to run the big motor almost all the there. [Wink]
Kinda busy the next couple weeks so don't know when i can get back to the water...may head to Sinclair or Lanier not sure.
[signature]