Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Northern bait?
Ok, I just got pretty much all my needed gear for the Canada trip for Walleye.. But I need to get a little gear for some pike.. The guys claim that the catch pike accidentally on walleye gear, but I plan to set aside at least one day for Pike fishing..

Any thoughts??
[signature]
Well first thing I'd do is make a call to the locals up there where you're staying.. If they're worth their wieght they should be able to spit out the best info on the fish's preferance.

Other than that - to keep it simple I'd pack some plastics like Slug-go's and Reapers along with some Flukes and grubs.. Original Epinger Spoons (daredevils) in firetiger, red/white and a silver.. Thinking a few spinner baits as well as some floating Raps and Husky Jerks in say #9 and bigger.. Don't forget a few Mepps and Inhaler Buck-tail spinners ... I'd probably want the likes of a spook and a chug bait.. speaking top water I wouldn't leave home w/o a few Suicks..

[unsure] I think I just threw the store ya but I bet you could pack most of what I spit out in three or less 3730 plano stow-aways.
[signature]
some good suggestions there

from what i gathered from your other post we'll be in nearly the same place for our canada trips. ive done a little bit of research and ive come up with a couple of suggestions.
big stickbaits, daredevils (red/white)(yellow 5 of diamonds), johnson silver minnows, and the pikes dont mind the occasional mister twister tail jig.
[signature]