Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of the North Fork Freestyle H3
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1] Well here it is. As a few of you know my fairly new ODC developed a quirk, that quirk being it decided to come undone at the seam. I had purchased it at Cabelas 6 moths ago so I returned it and paid a little more and upgraded to the Red Cadillac. I have taken the H3 out about 3 or 4 times and I think I can give a decent review of her now.

First off lets compare the two. The first thing I noticed is the H3 does not weigh as much as the ODC 420, the pockets are just huge in the H3, I can almost put what I carried in both sides in 1 pocket. The next big difference is that I noticed that I actually sit more straight up and down in the H3, at first it almost felt like I was sloping forward, but with a little tweaking I now have it dialed in and it feels great. I do seam to get a little more wet in the H3 do to the fact the ODC420 actually rocked back just a little so the front of the seat actually set higher in the water than the rear. I also think that the h3 rides higher in the water than the H3. The ODC moved well, the H3 seams like it just barley sits in the water at all. Also it seams like there is a little more room side by side. I had some concerns about the inflatable seat and back rest. I am amazed at how comfy and supportive they are. The other thing that amazed me is how many D-rings are on this thing. All in all I think it was a good upgrade I do like the reassurance of the Urethane bladders and the Halkey valves a 500lb capacity as per there website [webster, websterville, waveguides] . And than there is the 15 year warranty, the best in the business. I think the biggest draw back is that for the 400.00 clams you shell out you do not get an apron, but that is pretty trivial considering all the other things you do get, and a lot [a] of the tubers I know have been doing custom hard aprons anyway.

The H3 get two fin up form me

Majja

[url "http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2007websitecatalogpages/2007catalogpage40.html"]Freestyke H3[/url] [/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
And the pics?
[signature]
There are coming, I will have to wait until I get home on tuesday before I can add them in.
[signature]
Well, when you do get home I want to see that kiddo (avatar) in the new and improved version of the Majja fish catchin' machine!!!
[signature]
Sounds good. I will be home on tuesday so i will get them up soon. [Tongue]
[signature]