Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spice up your swimming plugs
Everyone has thier go-to plugs and lures when targeting certain species of fish rather it be snatching for big yellowfin or speed trolling for monster Wahoo. I know I do, and i've found a little trick that adds a little definition to any plug.

My favorite high-speed lure for Wahoo is a Braid Marauder or the Flashdancer.

[Image: 912-04.jpg]

One of the ideas behind using black and purple is that those colors seem to "contrast" better as high speeds, rather than say a shiney color, which at high speeds would give off a power reflection and make it difficult for the fish to target as well as giving off an unnatural appearance.

One way you can get alot more out of your darker lures is to add a small piece of glitter or reflective tape to the side of the lure. It will give off just enough shine to attract the fish, while not affecting the lures contrast. I use a strip from front to back, only about a 1/4" thick. It doesn't take much. Alot of times i'll add a strip to the bottom and the top as well, since alot of strikes come from above and many from below.

It's a cheap way to improve your lures effectiveness with out effecting the action of the lure. [cool]
[signature]
Great choice. Here is one that lasted one troll.
[signature]
Great choice that black and purple for Wahoo........
Caught a many on that color behind the boat in the wash.
[signature]
Black and Purple...
[signature]
Thanks for the tips.I realy nedded it because i`m going to be staying in a summerhouse on cape cod.
[signature]
You sure are digging up old bones, so to speak. Glad I could help. What are you going to be targeting?
[signature]