Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long ?
how long before ice out in your area ?[shocked]

how long did the ice stay this year ?[Smile]

how do you feel you did this year ?[crazy]

do you think davetclown will build a raft , cover it in that snow in a can stuff . cut a " ice hole " in the center , and continue ice fishing all summer long ? [cool]

that man loves the ice fishing [Wink]
[signature]
I think the ice will be out soon. A couple nice days in the 60's will melt the ice pretty fast. Saturday was great on the ice, hooked up with Dave and a few of his neighbors. and pretty much everyone had close to there limit on gills.
Over all I say I did alright this year on the ice but wish I could of did better on the crappie and perch.
[signature]
i got a tip from one of the guys at work , at this time of year they look for the run off water from shore that goes out to a hole . ( spud the ice to make sure i'ts safe ) . organic material washes down the hole and the fish are there to get it . it's the first time i ever heard of this , but i guess it's common knowledge up here .
[signature]
Ya I have heard of that too. shore line fishing is always better when the snow and ice is starting to melt.
[shocked] But the problem with that the shore lines is what melts first and the ice isn't safe half of the time. I would rather wait to the ice has melted and bobber fish for spawing crappie. Last year I did awsome this way. [cool]
[signature]
you said it , thin ice and i just don't get along , it always lets me down ! [blush]
[signature]