Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who fishes where?

[signature]
I'm on the West Coast in SoCal. I fish the Bays where ever they lay.[cool]
[signature]
I fish on the opposite side of the US than TubeN2. I'm on the north coast of South Carolina. I fish primarily out of Murrells Inlet, SC.

Where abouts do you fish out of Jmp71?
[signature]
I fish mostly the NJ, NY areas, but do get to do a couple of other places during the year. I think I'll be going to NC. this year.
[signature]
NC is a great place to fish, especially since you like to target stripers. The NC coast is known world wide for monster stripers and big bull spottails. 40+ pound stripers off the beach are quite common along the coast of Hatteras, NC.

You'll have to let us know when you make the trip, maybe a few of us other BFT anglers can join in on the fun. [cool]
[signature]
Hatteras is where I will be going if the opportunity is there. I have to schedule things around my 8 month old and wife's schedule. She is taking the kid to Arizona for a week next month, that may be my break. My buddy just came back from his place in OBX said they got into some Mahi until they got blown off the water. He said they found a strange water thermal where the color changed and a sudden spike in water temp and there were mahi hanging in it. So what will be running next month?
[signature]
I take it you're wondering what's running in my area? As for that, it really depends. LOL, i'd give a few for sure, but with the weather like it is, it's hard to say.

But, in the creeks, spottails and flounder are a biggie. There are plenty of pinfish and croakers on the bottom for the bottom fisherman just looking to wet a line. Along the inshore reefs, spanish and king mackerel, sheephead, spadefish, cobia, may a tarpon or two, and maybe a few seabass. The seabass will more than likely be further offshore in a little cooler water. None the less, it'll be some good fishing. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Hope I get to get down there.
[signature]
Mainly in KY but occasionally I end up in SC, on the georgia border.
[signature]
Hey Rungeg, and welcome to the message boards! Even though you don't live in SC, it's nice to hear from another fellow SC angler! If you're fishing that far down, you must be fishing in the Beaufort/charleston/hilton head area. There sure is some great fishing down in that part of the state. I fish mostly out of Murrells Inlet when I hit the big salty pond. There's a get together in July at Myrtle Beach State Park you might want to check out. There's a posting of it on the main saltwater and freshwater board, as well as the South Carolina board a little further down. We'd love to have you along! Thanks for registering and we look foward to your insights and fishing reports in the future!
[signature]
I wont be able to make it to Myrtle but I will be in HHI until the 14 or 15 depending. I will be fishing inshore and seeing what is out there I hgeard a ruor that the tarpon are there that time of year but I dont really know for sure. Maybe I can pick your brain some if you dont mind.
[signature]
You can "pick my brain" anytime you need to my friend! Infact, you can pick anyone's brain here you need to, we're are all here to help out other anglers. That's the name of the game. Make sure and drop by the SC board while you're looking around. [Tongue]

We'd also love to have your insights on questions as well, not to mention some fishing reports. We dont' get many reports from that area, it would be great to have a few on the SC message board a little further down. [cool]
[signature]
southern california mostly,during the summer i try fish as many times possible south of the border with h&m landing and point loma landing.
[signature]
I'm in so Cal too. I fish anywhere from San Luis Obispo down to San Dawg for coastal waters. As far as fresh water goes, I fish any body of water that is wet.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][black][size 3]I fish the Coast of Maine, and river tributaries like the Kennebec River for Bluefish, Mackeral, Striped Bass, etc. Since I have no boat at the present, due to lack of $$$$$, I fish from shore, docks, & piers. [cool][/size][/black][/font]

[signature]
Very nice area. I fished there a few years ago for strippers and blues. They should be there pretty good about now.
[signature]
i fish in california in san daigo bay and the coranodo islands or the coranodo bridge [Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink] [Wink]
[signature]
I spend must of my time in Tampa Bay. I target snapper and grouper in the deep water and snook and redfish in shallow water.[cool]
[signature]
I fish mainly from a 9' kayak, in the st. lucy and indian river around Stuart, Fl. Very windy for the past week 25 -30 kts. Getting cabin fever!
[signature]
I mainly fish the fort lauderdale area, but travel all over florida and the caribbean. along with many many trout fishing trips outwest, and cant forget walleye, musky, salmon, and smallmouth fishing in wisconsin

fishing all over really helps you appreicate differnt forms of fishing, and realize a big fish can be a 10 lber ... doesnt allways have to be a 500 pounder to be considered big.

as much as i like catching sailfish , i like catching trout on a fly rod
[signature]