Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brands of boats
Can anyone suggest a good boatmaker...Something for shallow water/ saltwater and freshwater. I would mainly be Flyfishing out of it...So something with a large front deck. I would also be doing some bait and tackle fishing to. [size 1]I'm[/size] not sure if I wanna go with [size 1]aluminum[/size] or fiberglass. There just seems to be so many brands out. Just thought I would see what others where fishing out of
[signature]
you are right about how many boats manufactures out there.i spent a year looking for the one that will fit my need.
the first place i would look is any local boat builders.you can save money on the lesser known brands,than going with the well known brand.
here is my list of boats that i narrowed down to.all are center consoles.because i will be fly fishing also
panga boats www.pangamarine.com i like them alot,but its a southern boat builder,so shipping was alot to get it up to the northeast,even though there was a dealer in new york
eastern boats www.easternboats.com this is the one i am currantly in the process of buying,i am interested in the 20 foot modle
parker boats www.parkerboats.net one of the top of the line boats,nothing bad to say,just on the pricey side
starcraft starcraftmarine.com you have your choice of aluminum of firberglass,still on the pricey side
[signature]
I would suggest you go with a Carolina Skiff.

[url "http://www.carolinaskiff.com"]www.carolinaskiff.com[/url]

Not only are they a local manufacturer, but they are nationally known for high quality flats and bay boats. I would go with a flat bottom, fiberglass skiff. They are specifically designed for fly/flats fishing and would be perfect for your application. Wanna know what else is so good? They aren't going to break your bank account.

Most models have a really huge, flat bow deck, perfect for fly casting. There is also an optional pole deck on most models. [Wink]
[signature]
i agree the skiff is a good boat along with the boston whaler,but i dont like the ride of either,being,a flat or semi v gives you a hard ride,id you go any distance your back will know.
[signature]