Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any one want to tackle this project?
well, some one thought the boat was worth it, cause it was gone with in a week of the time I posted this. They may have bought it for the motor. I am sure the motor is worth it. but I had no intrest in that part of the deal.

I have a 14 foot starcraft also with no seating, I spent about 300 restoring it this spring. new seats boards, I am flat out amazed how much one board cost for the seats. 100 american each for a 12 foot 1x12 oak plank.

any ways, I used cedar 20 american each for 8 foot planks and then I re-enforced it with 1x1x1/8 x 8 foot aluminum angle stock at 20 each, I had to buy 6, that is two for each seat.

if your interested I can give you the link to the post that has a full account of the restoration of my boat and another one.

I used the aluminum angle because the design of the original seat allowed sheet metal to put stress on the board wich split it. the new angle suport works great, not only are the seats more stable the boat hull it self seems to be even more solid.
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6588/cat/574"][Image: DSCN0328.JPG][/url][/center] [center] [/center] [left]I was out yesterday looking for a heater for a hunting shack and walked past the boat section and saw a 12 foot starcraft listed for 2 grand. and only has two seats. 4 grand with the 4 horse motor.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]so I think you got a good deal. I am good with the 14 foot starcraft I got.[/left]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Dubie] any one want to tackle this project? - by davetclown - 07-26-2007, 11:18 PM