Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge lakers-not enough forage? Look at this one!
KERSPLASH.
[signature]
Scrawny as a nail! Beautiful two toned sky as well![Wink]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]"instead of every MFker and their brother going to my latest background spots, the SOB's followed me all over the lake for the entire morning. I'd move a mile or two to where there was nobody, and be surrounded in 15 minutes"

Nice attitude Jim,it's good to know that you think everyone on the water is either a Mfker or a SOB. (your words). I have to wonder if you feel the same way about the people that hire you? It might be good for future clients to know how you really feel about other fishermen.

[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Kind of a low blow there, Kokeking, don't you think?[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]He's not talking about everyone on the water. He's talking about the people who following him from spot to spot. You got to admit, Kokeking, that you could get pretty upset if people were following you from spot to spot instead of trying to do it themselves. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The guy makes a living guiding paying clients for fish. When people who are too lazy to figure it out themselves and figure a good shortcut is to tag along behind the guide to try and grab any info they can from the paying clients is pretty slezy. It's the paying clients who are getting ripped off. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I fish SF Bay and the coastal shorelines. A lot of private boaters follow the charter boats around trying, like these tag along freeloaders, to score on somebody else's dollar. It may be a public lake or coast but trying to leech off the charter boats or a guide's outing is pretty unethical. I can see how a guy could be a little P.O'd about it.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Christ kokeking! I also read the similar post you put up yesterday, in which you suggested I quit guiding, and then deleted. Learn To Read!

Nowhere does it say "everyone on the water", as you mis-quoted me. It says, "The SOB's that followed me." Not every boat on the lake followed me, only the SOB's! Had every boat on the lake followed me, then yes, they'd have all been SOB's. There were about 4 of them, out of 25 boats I saw that day.

And where, in this or any post, did I say anything about the customers that hire me????????????????????????????? And they feel the same way about other fishermen who follow us around from spot-to-spot for miles as I do. If you think I go off, you should here what they say about the followers!!! I have to settle THEM down!

I've never had a beef with you, and don't have any reason to now. You do your thing, I do mine, and we share tha same stomping ground. However, I kindly suggest you try English 101 and Basic Journalism. I stand behind every word I've ever spoken or written here, or anywhere else.
[signature]
[black][size 3]I agree with you Jim, [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Those are my favorite names for people who follow my boat around, anchor next to me, wade into a stream and stand next to me casting as though there was no other fisherman on the water, or follow me around on the shore, practical[/size][size 3]ly parking their butt on my lap.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]There is such a thing as etiquette on both the water and in this forum. I would suggest that it be practiced in both places.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I deleted your post yesterday and hoped you would get the message. You are out of line.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
After seeing the repleys here and rereading my post ,I guess I was a little harsh. To Jim and the Utah board I do apologize for that. I will keep my personal feelings about guides on the gorge to myself from now on ,and will stay on my side of the lake from now on .
[signature]
Wow guys this went an odd direction. Once again big fish make people do some unethical decisions they normally wouldn't. In my short time on BFT with my posts I have had many PM's from people asking me where I was just because they thought they recognized the background in the pics. So I can understand why changing backgrounds are not a bad thing. It not only helps Jim with his stuff but more importantly it helps us locals that also know the Gorge. The best thing would be not to even post pics aqnd that is something I personally am strongly considering. This spring has been the worst I have seen for copycatters and leaches.

I also have tried to become part of the community here on BFT and put some stickers on my boat. I have run into people on the ramp that saw the stickers and asked who I was and they said they had seen some of my recent catches and congratulated me. But once out on the water they would follow me all aver they lake looking to see where I was stopping to fish. It gets so frustrating I won't even stop and fish a pile of macks as I pass over them. I don't mind sharing info to folks I rather enjoy it but I would like to be the one to choose what info I choose to share. I since have removed the stickers from my boat. I realize it is a free world and they have just as much right to be there as I do but come on people put a little effort on your own it will be much more rewarding.

Wyobraz
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Don't take the replies as a message to stay away because it doesn't mean that at all but when you make statements and others don't agree, you should expect contrary opinions. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]A lot of people that have "disagreements" with others on the boards often put self imposed exiles on themselves. Why? There's no need for that. You're always welcome here to voice your opinion.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I may be too new to say this... But as along time reader of the board I've gotta say...

Between the comments about protecting spots and this stupid cutthroat debate that has broken out...

Some of you guys would'nt know a joke if it bit you int the face and have become the biggest bunch of tight asses I have ever seen.

The info Jim has shared lately has been incredible and when he shows a great pic of a huge fish this is what you guys do with the post???

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!
[signature]
welcome to bft lmfao this stuff get's so out of hand oh well guess every one has an opinoion. Jim nice fatty hope we do get to see them for a long long time but we will only be able to tell in the long run my only worry is that the koke and bow that do spawn in the lake adn or in let's for that matter are going do drasticly drop in number's and so will the forage there for hurting the forage base in the long run ASH
[signature]