Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weed beds in deer creek?
Has any one ever found any weed beds in Deer Creek or Jordanelle if so where? I would like to know so I can go out and catch me some big pig large mouths that they say are in there. Oh before I forget has any one ever caught a bluegill or other subspecies in deer creek a board a=says there in there but i have never seen any.thanks in advanced.
[signature]
I haven't fished Deer Creek, but if you head to Jordanelle there are a ton of submerged trees/scrub oak that provide great cover for some nice smallies. I've done quite well with small jigs and rapalas working the submerged tree cover.
[signature]
i want to try deer creek this summer because i have talked to other anglers that have caught some big perch and smallmouths out of there. i fished jordenelle last fall and caught an 18" smallmouth and it was huge. big enough that i'm trying to get a fiberglass mount of it sometime since you have to release all bass over 12". there is tons of cover, weeds, bushes, rocks and brush so take a bunch of extra jigs because your going to loose plenty of them, but one big smallie is worth a bunch of lost jigs
[signature]
i heard that the best rush when fishing is using a popper for bass do u think that would work in the same instance.if so what would be the best popper up there.
[signature]
well in deer creek last summer i caught a certain pig that measured 22 inches. i have it on a role of film by the measure tape somewhere when i get it developed i will post it
[signature]
When the water's up ... Deer Creek is awesome! My tournaments on that lake always produce some nice green fish (largemouth) The weeedbeds are located on the north end. Poppers are a great bait there in the summer .. Also, try Buzzbaits and sammys
[signature]
I have caught several bluegill out of Deer Creek.
[signature]
where kent off thge docks mabye, well youll just have to come down and show me.
[signature]
i have never seen deer creek up high so i would not know mabye we should head out there some time this summer.
[signature]
[cool] When the water is up high there was a big weed bed of some type of weed not sure what type, but it's a big matt the covers a good size area, it was about 100 to 200 yards south from the small gravle boat ramp just south of the provo inlet. there is quit a bit of bass that hang around the edge of it and also other fish, perch and walleye.
later chuck
[signature]
I have caught most of the bluegills on the north west side of the lake in the brush (when the water was up) from the bank. I have also caught a few near the main Deer Creek State Park from the bank. Bluegills aren't that plentiful in Deer Creek, but there are some in there.
[signature]
i have no idea where these places are although i should but ull just have to show me k
[signature]
If you find where the Provo River runs into Deer Creek and go down the bank a couple hundred feet, you are where I described on the west side. You can't miss the Deer Creek Utah State Park (not Island Park), but I wouldn't waste my time trying there for bluegills. The Walsburg arm, near where the river runs in would be a better bet.
[signature]
okay now i am relly lost... you will defineatley have to show me some time, or do you mean where those wood spires stick out of the water? i fished there before, got beatr by a huge fish that circled the pole and i broke him off not knowing the water was only a few feet deep but thats a different story.
[signature]
They are right it is in the north sside of the lake past the island
[signature]