Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats for Mothers' Day
Went fishing Saturday morning looking for some walleye to fillet for my mother for mothers' day. She loves fish and isn't able to get out and about anymore. Ended up hooking into a cat a shade under four and a cat four and some change instead. Filleted those instead. Tried to cook them for her, but she insisted I just leave them in the frige and she would cook them during the week... on her walker. She's from the south and stubborn. What can you do? She was tickled pink, so I relented and was ok with it.

Oh, by the way, it was a heck of a lot of fun landing those from the tube. The day before I hooked into a tube-dragging carp I had estimated at 5 to 8 pounds. Cats can fight like the dickens and my tube didn't budge with those 4 pounders. That carp had me nearly making a wake across the lake before it bent my hook and freed itself. Had to have been a monster. Can't wait until my 1st 10+ pound catfish. That's going to be fun. [Smile]
[signature]
Way to go bro and good job on getting Mom some Kitties for here day.

I love catching big fish on the tube. It is fun getting pulled around.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. You are such a good boy and a caring son. Not every mother gets a bouquet of fish for Mother's Day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Many of us on the board have come to appreciate the battles put up by catfish, carp and other species not pursued by the elitists. If ya want some hand to fin combat, those tough guys will take ya on.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck in your pursuit of the 10 pounder. I guarantee that a cat that size will leave a wake behind your tube.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]........ Many of us on the board have come to appreciate the battles put up by catfish, carp and other species not pursued by the elitists. If ya want some hand to fin combat, those tough guys will take ya on .......[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[/reply]
l[#500000]ol.. I am just happy to hook into a FISH... dont care the species.. but that is just me.. .[sly]

MacFly
[/#500000]

[signature]