Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daiwa's new lure - Dead or Alive
Has anybody here had any experience with these yet?

[url "http://www.daiwa.com/Lure/pop_daiwa_doa.aspx"]http://www.daiwa.com/Lure/pop_daiwa_doa.aspx[/url]
[signature]
They look great, wonder what the action like ? Tight wobble or dive ?
[signature]
I just got done reading a limited review on them and it appears that they would fall into the surface / swim bait catagory but diving under the surface on a steady faster type retrieve. I'm guessing a wide - wobble type of action. They do look great!

I'm hunting around for a video of it.
[signature]
I tried those several months ago. They work pretty good for top water fishing and anything that will hit withing the first 2 feet of the upper thermocline.[cool]
[signature]
Hmmm... did you like 'em $40 worth, tubeN2? I was looking at trying 'em out on Muskys and Pike up here. New baits can turn hot real quick in this area with all the preasure on the local chain of lakes. I can't imagine how many times some of the mature fish have turned their nose from the education they get.
[signature]
If I would have know that they were selling them for 40 bucks, I never would have tried them afterwards in the saltwater. I lost 6 of them to some pesky Barracudas after I did the tackle test.[crazy]

I bet those would work wonders especially on Pike, Musky and Eyes.[cool]
[signature]
Good thing they were free!!.. I'm guessing no steel leaders or 100lb flouro were called on the day the cudas came out to play..

OOPS!! [laugh]

Yea, I was thinking they would work well on the Esox .. I guess Eyes too when they come up at night time around here.

What fin did you test 'em on?.. well, besides Cudas [Tongue]
[signature]
Since we don't have Pike and Muskie in Cali, I was able to test them on some LMB, SMB and yes....we do get Kitties that hit the surface too.

Our Cudas are the Pacific Barracuda. They don't get much more than 10 to 15lbs at the most. They do destroy any plastic lure that you throw out. Normally I would use the Mega Bait live jigs. Then I started bending them slightly to give them that wounded look.

The Cudas were eating the paint off of them in no time at all. When Daiwa sent me some of those lures I made sure to get my freshwater abilities out of the way first. Then I took them to the salt.

The only reason that I lost the lures is that the Pacific Barracuda will take a wounded fish head first which results in a cut line sometimes.[cool]
[signature]
gotchya .. I'm going to keep my eye out for 'em and see if I can't run into a deal for multiple lures. I'm very intrigued with these things.

thanks for the info tubeN2 - its appreciated! [Wink]
[signature]
Did you say that those lures cost $ 40.00 Bucks apiece? Man, these lure prices are getting as bad as Gas prices.

AFDan52
[signature]
yea.. but one has to figure more 'man hours' in a single lure than it takes for a gallon of gas or fuel.

Hell, MILK should've been over $5 a gallon years ago in light of the gas BS we're experiencing now. Anywho - pardon the tangent. [crazy]

Its a bit high for a lure, but they'll be used until I get old and grey or say.. .. .. toss 'em at some Pacific strain Baracudas.. ..

*Wink-Wink-nudge-nudge*

[Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
It wasn't my fault that they were going to charge so much for them. I only lost 6 of them. If I would have known, I would have saved them for a round on e-bay.[cool]
[signature]