Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake St. Catherine VT
We spent sat. through wed on this lake as well as a visit to Lake Horthenia. Sat we got 17 bass with sencos in watermelon, Rapalas jerkbaits in brown. Some beds in small pond.

Sunday was great with 24 fish, mostly smallies and Bob with a 5lber in Little Pond. Sencos again, Lucky pointer and Rapalas worked well that day.

Monday we headed to Horthenia Lake, very slow with only 6 bass and one 29" Pike all small bass. Headed back to catherine for the afternoon, to pickup 10 more bass.

Tues. Rain hit and water temp dropped 6 degress and was slow till 1:30. Tubes and pig&jig worked in drop offs and rocks. All Smallies.

Over all a great trip except for high winds most days, but alot of smallies caught and the big girls where starting to bed heavy on wed when we left. Got 7 bass in two hours wed morning before we left for home. See what sept. brings.
[signature]
looks like you had a great trip,and noone was spared from the wind.its been windy here
[signature]
It was calm when we got there on friday and again wed morning when we left.[crazy] But alot of wind all the rest of the time. Trolling moter was out of the water a few times. Makes for tough fishing.
[signature]
You lucky dog. Head for the small pond on the south side of the lake. Bedding heavy on the east side of small pond, thats where I got 7 wed in 6-8ft of water. Theres a small bay there. Drop off right up past the state park produced with tubes. Don't forget to try the south side coves when you come out of the channel onto the big lake. Look for the rocks on the west side by the big slate house. Finally twin bears point, work that to the state park. Good Luck and let me know how it went for you.
[signature]
Dang, sounds like you fish that hole alot based on the detail of your reply. I feel like I could go there and catch fish. [Tongue]

I guess the fishing is picking up your way Greg. It seems that way anyhow. I know you guys are just glad to have warm days. Pretty soon, we'll be wishing for fall. LOL, that's just how it is. It won't take too many 105 degree days on the water before i'll be looking foward to it. [Wink]

I'm just looking foward to getting back out on the water. I don't know when i'll be back out, but i'm hoping to hit it soon. Maybe this weekend if i'm lucky. This past saturday couldn't have been a more perfect day to head offshore, but I was fishing the pier with some of our BFT buddies. That was really cool getting together with other BFT members for the first time. Now i'm really looking foward to the camping trip in July. [cool]
[signature]
Bryan, I've fished that water more than any other lake I've been on. This year I am going to try and master one lake locally and know it as well. But the salt is warming up fast, so I don't know how much time I'll have on the sweet side. Too many fish, too little time.
[signature]
you got that right,the fluke are comming in hot and heavy.bring it on[Smile]
[signature]