Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE 6 and problems
I visit this site from 2 different computers and both use the most current version of IE 6 that I can download. I have updated and reinstalled both PC's and I can not get this forum to stop stuttering. Stop and go - stop and go -stop and go. It really gets agravating. Everything freezes when it stops - even the mouse. Is there something else I can do? I have a 256 k wireless connection at both PC's. One PC is Win 98 the other is 2000 professional and they both do this although the one running 2000 is not quite as bad. The windows 98 PC was on a 56k dialup modem and it is the same after I went to the wireless. I am fairly computer savvy - I have 20 pc's at work I have to take care of and this site is the only thing I have ever had these problems with. Is there anything I can do? This is a great site and I really enjoy it but I feel like a drunk cat after trying to browse through the forum sometimes.

One other problem I have is when trying to post from the windows 2000 PC the text box will have some of the buttons like bold, font, ect inside the text box and not on a toolbar on top. When its like that I can not type anything into the text box - it has no blinking cursor. I have to go back and forth in and out of the page and finally it puts a text box up correctly.

Thanks - Extex
[signature]
the site is slow,

you may want to close un needed programs running in your computer when not in use.

this will cause your computer to freeze up when things slow down. this happens to me as well, I do what i mentioned above to reduce the slow down as much as posible.

the tequenitions are working on this problem right now.
[signature]
Hello ExTex,

Daves ideas will help and we are working on a fix to this now. We have recently upgraded our servers again and that should already be assisting in this problem but we are also working on a couple items that should be completed by next Monday. Please let me know if this problem persists after this Moday.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hello Extex,

We have completed some of these modifications ahead of schedule. Do you notice improved speed?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey sorry for the delayed reply but I have been out of town a few days. It is a little better but not much. It seems to be faster loading yet it is still stop and go.
[signature]
make sure you've got the most recent windows updates . . .but id stay away from their choices to upgrade drivers and devices . . ive had trouble with that before . .

sm
[signature]
hi guys, right now we are experiencing internet lock up.

with all the stuff going on over seas prime time net surfing is bogged down, (over loaded jamming up the works and slowing every thing down.)

if you have the time when you can log on off prime time you will find every thing much much faster.
[signature]
microsoft is doing some weird things lately with java and javascript, a site i go to 10 times a day for work crashes my computer now . . .weird . . and ive had trouble with any page that has javascript and/or a java applet embedded . . .

try netscape, its free . . . actually they have 4.8 navigator and 7.2 new style to try . . .

or . . try to repair or go back a version of your ie. .go to control panel, add remove programs, choose internet explorer highest version you have, hit remove button, a box comes up asking if you want to repair or go back to previous version, try to repair first, then if it doesnt help, repeat and go back a version . . .

sm
[signature]
i was having the same problems and have had to reset security options . i got the directions on the free website that we offer here . (ecoplanet.com)just look on the bottom right side of there first page for setting adjustments for i.e.6 . that should clear things up . i use norton 03 and it doesn't interfere with it at all .
[signature]
you are correct about having to change setttings. I changed mine to manual because there are thousands of web and email sites that are wrighting cookies to your computer to moniter you on line habbits.

I allow big fish full access and no one else. this seems to have speeded up all my computer time.

I did also have to remove all the cookies and files from my temperary internet file.
[signature]
yea , that was part of my pic posting problem , the second part was converting the pic's into the right format like you sugested . the whole program runs a lot smoother now , no more lock-ups !
[signature]