Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Utah Fly Tying Expo!
Saturday the 19th, today and it was a blast! I was tying from 8 a.m. till noon and the time FLEW!
Sorry MacFly I will have to tie you some this week. Everything I tied was by request from people stopping by from size 4 Bluegill imitation to size 32 midges. Had to laugh cause I gave the GREENIE a size 32 midge with flashabou to a gentleman, then he went up the row to another tier and a little while later he came back to tell me one tier was tying size 26's and said "Ah heck that ain't nothin' the gall over there just tied me a 32" hehehehehehehe.

Loads of great stuff auctioned off too, like a beautiful T3 custom built with a wooden grip, Drift Boat, Two man Scadden boat, a box of 200 foam flies by Rainy, etc. Plus the three custom nets and the fly box which I loaded with my specialty flies from Tropical Lightning Creations.
And I just got a call that I won a box of 20 CARP FLIES in the raffle WAHOO!
[signature]
FG,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.. and sounds like you were the hit of the show... lol.. gal over there just tied me a 32...bet the other tier felt silly....

Congrats on the carp flies.. seems timely since you seem to be getting into carping....:-)

Not to worry about the flies.. I know you will when you can.. I simply appreciate all that you do for me..the flies.. the advice.. the friendship.. who could ask for more...

Have a great rest of your wekend and thank you for the report...

MacFly
[signature]
Good job on the expo Sis. I hope you can get some of those sample flies out to your bro here in SoCal. hee hee.

I'm anxious to try some of your patterns out for Bass and Carp. I could send you some of my Shrimps for some deep water nymphing in the middle of Bear Lake. I have some glow yarn that I tied some shrimp flies with. I use them at the 300 ft level but with non FF equipment.[cool]
[signature]
The great news about the Expo is although being the FIRST here in Utah, they raised $13,000. for the Stonefly Society! WAHOO! Next year will be even better.

TubeN2, I just sent Mac some, so you gotta take him fishing to see if they work. He might even share....LOL
[signature]
Of course I will share sis.. for a price...LOL.. but seriously.. you have always been good to me in sending me flies and leaders etc.. I figure one way to return your kindness is to pass it on.. soooooooooo I will at least let him look at and maybe touch a few of the new flies you send me...[sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Right on. Way to do on the fund raising. It's always nice when it goes to a good cause.[cool]
[signature]
Just be careful where you point the pointy end.[cool]
[signature]
lol.... when we hook up I will be sure and bring along the new flies.. assuming of course that none get lost between now and then.. (keep fingers crossed none get lost)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]