Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. in Idaho
Finally got to take my new toon out sat. went to Idaho and had a blast.
The 10 ft. toon sits so much better on the water than my old 7 ft. Plus the modification I did worked great. The wider frame is so nice. Got a my new Lowrance X67C mounted just in time had trouble finding a small sla batt. at the last min. sportmans was out radio shack was out. Had an old one from an fire alarm but would not hold a charge. Found one in a old batt backup for my computer works great. Five of us went to Deep Creek 3 form the bank 1 on a tube and me on my toon. The bank boys did great we did pretty good on the water red buggers. Ended up bringing home 15 nice fish. Water temp was 62 in morning and 65 about 1pm. Also first time out with new breathable waders why did I want so long to buy them.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Glad the bigger toon fits you better. Might take awhile to get used to the difference in handling.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sounds like you also like the waders. Hope they stay dry for at least a few trips. Once the water temps get above about 65 degrees, you really don't need waders, except in waters that have the swimmers' itch organism.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Great report, but we all know there are NO FISH in Idaho, hehehehehe.

Love to see some pictures of you new ride, and think about Hippers for the warmer months, you can wear those in a pontoon[Wink]
[signature]
I normally wear hip waders but went with pant type this time still have the hippers but they are rubber and get really hot. I will post some picture after next weekend I'm going back to Idaho hopefully. By the way the fish in Idaho like to jump more than utah fish. (ha ha) Got to love jumps and flips.
[signature]
the fish you caught are from utah to there are no fish here
[signature]