Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
puddingstone fly fishing
ive gone fly fishing in puddingstone but i dont know what to use or where the best spots are. last time i went i used an adams but i didn't get any bites at all
[signature]
not sure where puddingstone is, but what other flies did you use?
[signature]
Hi and welcome to BigFishTackle. I'm glad to hear there is another Fly Fishing member here on the boards as well as a new California member.

Puddingstone is more of a planted lake. It is difficult to get planted trout to hit on flies. One of the better flies to use would be the glow bug. Green or Cheese color. You will also need a sinking tip line and a shortened leader to get it into their zone.

Please feel free to post any more questions or comments here, on the Flyfishing Board or on the California Board. [cool]
[signature]
Welcome aboard Shakeyfly. Thanks for taking the time to register. Please feel free to drop by the Flyfishing board too. We always enjoy new members insight as well as knowledge to be shared.[cool]
[signature]
thanks but im not sure wut a glow bug is
[signature]
Welcome to Big Fish Tackle and thanks for the question.

A glow bug is a fly pattern that resembles a fish egg. Here is a picture of some samples. They do come in several different colors. These are only a couple of the variations.

[Image: clowneggs2.jpg]

[Image: glowbug-salmonegg.jpg]
[signature]
I am actually 45 miles from Puddingstone. I tie my own flies but mostly for Bass.

I do some trout fishing but mostly use glow bugs. They are easy to make and doesn't cost more than 10cents to make and about 3 minutes of my time if I am in slow gear. Otherwise, they are about 1 minute each.[cool]

My fly gear was given to me from my Dad and a couple of sponsors.[Smile]
[signature]
where else do you fly fish? i went to big bear this week and i fly fished there.
[signature]
adams,wooly bugger,and white wulf
[signature]
Anywhere that there are Large Mouth Bass is where I fly fish. I also fly fish in the ocean. There are many good areas along the Coast. Santa Barbara,Ventura, LA and Orange County coast lines are some of the best.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there Guest. Kindly take a minute and register by clicking the word Register at the bottom of my post. Then we know who the players are. Doesn't cost anything and your ID info is not sold. I'm only 25 miles from Puddingstone Reservoir but have never wet a line there. I would probably use a Royal Wulff and if that wasn't interesting to the fishy then I would go the nymph route and eventually some type of streamer. Don't know if I am responding to two posters - but I get all of my fly fishing stuff at Bob Marriotts in Fullerton. It's the biggest store of it's type in the Local area. When looking for fly tying material then Michael's, Jo-Anns & the Tall Mouse are good places to seek out.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
thanks but do u fish from the shore or do u own a boat we should go some time. also have any of you fish azusa canyon lol ive only caught 1 fish on a fly and that was a white wulf lol ive caught so many fish there but idk if this counts : puting a salmon egg on your fly lol thats how i catch em there. but me and my dad just made salmon egg flies were goin to try there.
[signature]