Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainy's Carp Fies
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]These thing are so cool and I posted some pictures of the Corn and the Bread but I wanted to show you the others. By the way Rainy is from Logan, Utah USA Wahoo! She also sells fly tying stuff and killer foam patterns.[/size][/black][/font]
[inline "Carp Flies 2 450.jpg"]
[inline "Carp Flies 5 450.jpg"]

[inline "Carp Flies 6 450.jpg"]

[inline "Carp Flies 7 450.jpg"]
[inline "Carp Flies 9 450.jpg"]
[inline "Carp Flies 13 450.jpg"]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]And this one is tied out of Blue and a little Red Spun Deer Hair on maybe a size 10 hook. BEAUTIFUL![/size][/black][/font]
[inline "Carp Flies 4 450.jpg"]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]There are more but I will post them later.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
FG,

Looks like you got yourself a great set of flies... and those are only for carp?? [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
They are to target Carp, but I think several of them are multi taskers.
The corn cluster is interesting to me cause Utah outlawed the use of corn many years ago, so I hope the Carp recognize it hehehehehehe.
Idaho on the other hand, I think it will kick "A" up there.
[signature]
[#000080]Here is a bit of irony for you.. on the local lakes (and I am guessing CA in general).. we cannot use kernels of corn to fish with.. but.. we are able to use corn scented "gulp" products without a problem... [/#000080]
[#000080][/#000080]
[#000080]I am betting the carp with reactivate their memory once they see your corn floating in the water.. :-)[/#000080]
[#000080][/#000080]
[#000080]MacFly [cool][/#000080]
[signature]
I am assuming it is a taste thing they like. Corn was outlawed because the fish can fully digest it, but it is legal and use alot in Idaho.
This fly doesn't appear to be to hard to tie, maybe the part of getting then to stick out like she does, but not sure how important that would be. Have to give it a try and send you some.
[signature]
[#000080]hey if it works.. Id love to try here.. especially if a warden comes up and says.. hey boyyyyyyy.. you cant use corn. and Id be smiling.. look them in the eye and say.. Im not using corn.. Im using a fly...LOL... [/#000080]
[#000080][/#000080]
[#000080]on a side note.. I did tell ya that I got those flies in from tubedud... was not able to try them this past weekend but hoping to this Saturday... [Smile][/#000080]

[#000080]MacFly [cool]
[/#000080]

[signature]
I talked to him Saturday at the Expo. He felt pretty good about the selection he sent you so keep in touch about them.
I wished I tied more, then you wouldn't need to seek outside sources he, he, he, he.
[signature]
[#000080]heheh Ill send you pictures of the ones he tied for me that work.. then you tie more of those for me.. [sly]

but on a serious note... [Smile] you do more than enough for me.. wish I could repay you in some way... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[/#000080]

[signature]
Great looking flies, FG. Now you need to go put the hurt on some of those carp.

z~
[signature]
I figured out how to make the Corn Cluster and I got one with your name all over it so pm me an abby and I will shoot it up to you.
I don't have the time to get up to the river as much as I would like but, I will....oh yes, I will.
Hey! Nice score on the Carpage!

[signature]