Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Star Rods
Looking for feedback from anyone who has used All Star fishing rods. I'm thinking of picking a couple up, just wanted to make sure no one has hade problems with them.
[signature]

Hey there Catchem,

Funny you should ask. I say NEVER BUY ONE! Why? Read my experience below. I have around 20 rods and most are outstanding fishing friends. The following is the truth and nothing but the truth.

I bought, from a local independant tackle store in Los Angeles, a new All Star Graphite Rod WCS176XH, 7'6", Extra Heavy, Western Inshore Series. I was told and it said on the tag it had a lifetime guarrantee. Matched to a calcutta 400, 12lb test line bought at the same time. Second time I took it out, the ceramic ring fell out of the bottom guide. I didn't notice it gone until I went home.

Took it back to the store for a replacement. NOT! The rod was not abused, dropped or guides bent. GET THIS! They said Oh Yes, the BLANK has a lifetime guarrantee but not ANYTHING else, not the components! Can you believe those idiots.

No answers to any of my inquiries later to the company. With treatment like that, this post is what they deserve.

Am I a dissatisified customer? You bettcha! Don't buy garbage if it is not even going to be repaired or replaced.

Oh Ya, The shop was more than happy to sell me a bottom guide for their retail price! MORONS! They'll know who they are if they, hopefully, read this!

tsurikichi
JapanRon
[signature]
That's no way to run a bussiness. Thank you kindly for the info, guess I'll stick with my St. Croix rods.
[signature]

Hey there CatchEm,

I don't usually write that sort of post but we've all got those incidents that tick us off. I didn't mention that this rod was a factory wrap rod. I'm sure you've noticed that sometimes someone will get a series of blanks and then wrap them for a shop. Mine was not the case. You're going to laugh and I'm laughing now because I forgot to mention that after three more local trips, I lost two more of the ceramic inserts from the second and fourth guides. ha ha ha

I've fished for 45 years and know how to use, carry and store rods and this rod took the cake. Buy the way, the blank itself has a very good action (for my personal tastes) and should be able to handle most fish it's weight range indicated. Even saying that, I still would be afraid of their quality control.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Ron

Wheres the Colorado Lagoon everyones talkin about,

also you ever fish in Hunhgton Harobor below the bridge where that marshy area is?? I just remebered fishing there in a boat and was wondering if anyone has fished it, its the spot you see going over the bridge on PCH

Aaron
[signature]

Hey there dh tubinaaron,

The Colorado Lagoon is more or less at the end of the Olympic Stadium which starts a Mother's Beach. If you go to Map Quest or some of the other mappers and input a couple of keywords, you should find it. Ex: 2nd St and Apian Way then zoom out till you see all the green. ha ha

I was down there about a month ago at low tide?? and it was a mess. yuck.... I'm not sure of the mechanism of how it fills and empties. It's supposed to have flyfishing for small fish.

JapanRon
[signature]

Hi there strikeM,

A buddy of mine, I always fish next to at club trips, has one too. I believe they are all this kind of flat black color (roller guides too) and run about $150 to $175 in the tackle stores. Nice grumpy rod to I would suspect. You won't have the ceramic insert go bad on roller guides I guess. ha ha Just a little joke, ya very little!

Good fishin'

JapanRon
[signature]