Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubes anyone?
I started to use tubes this past month for the first time. I usually texas rig a crawdad, but thought I should learn another trick. I even caught fish with them.[crazy] Who has some tricks related to the tube? Favorite colors? Watermelon and black/red flake worked for me here in the NE.
[signature]
Watermelon w/black and red flake seems to be a popular color. Bleeding green pumpkin is my favorite. I'll often put an earplug in a tube on a carolina rig to entice the bass.
[signature]
I usually have a texas rigged tube set up anywhere i go. I always seem to have luck with them. My color is usually a pumpkinseed or watermelon color. In the spring time, it works pretty well to pitch a white tube on bedding bass.
[signature]
I love using the tube on the West coast. I like using the Gitzit brand. You can get a starter pack with the 5 basic colors or you can buy the individual colors.

If you are going to Texas rig the tube, then assume that you are making it a craw imitation. This will work better when using the Brass N Glass in conjunction. This will allow the clicking noise that a crawdad will make naturally.

You can also use the leadhead that is supplied with the tube. This will make it more of a small fish imitation or by letting it sink, you can use it as a frog imitation.

The tubes can be deadly if you deadstick them too. [cool]
[signature]
I like to use a 3" tube in Pumpkinseed color on a 1/2 oz. jighead with Black skirt out here in Eastern Colorado and Western Kansas. Seems to work for me on those sunny days we get during the Fall of the year.
[signature]
Wow... that's a cool idea. I'll have to give it a try.

I love fishing tubes vertically with a leadhead. I'll work the shorline, and watch the sonar. I'm normally over 20-30' of water. When I see a mark, I'll drop the tube down. I have caught some nice smallies that way.

I agree with TubeN2.... Gitzit makes good stuff. [cool]
[signature]