Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tale of a Beast
Hey you carp addicts...

Take a look at my latest flyrod caught carp [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float_Tube_Fishing_C66/Float_Tubing_General_F81/Tale_of_a_Beast_P337297/"]here[/url].

zonker
[signature]
I need to try the old orvis out on the carp down here. What do you use, a nymph or something like that?
[signature]
That was an awesome Bugle Mouth Bass Uncle Z. Thanks for sharing it with us.

How much did that lil guy weigh?? 15 to 18lbs by chance??[cool]
[signature]
I was using a yellow glo bug pattern for those fish. Nymphs work well, too. This is generally sight fishing. You spot fish and stalk them, trying to put the fly in front of their noses without spooking them. (They are very spooky.) Also, if you're lucky, you can sometimes catch them when they are rooting on the bottom if you can put your fly in front of them so that they "discover" it as they're moving along the bottom. They're harder to catch on flies than trout or bass.

z~
[signature]
I fish a really muddy creek alot with carp 30 pounds plus all over. I'll see them come up to the top early morning and late afternoon. Ive caught them off small treble hooks with dough bait but I'd love to try to get one on the fly. I just dont think I could land one with the gear I got and all the laydowns and stumps in the creek. I had about a 10 pound bass break me off with 15 pound line out there on a stump. It's a tough creek to fish, alot of rattlers, cottonmouths and copperheads not to mention all the differant water snakes. Black bear, panthers and alot of gators are back their too. So each trip is an adventure just getting back there.

Matt
[signature]