Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Carp I've Ever Caught.....
Sorry for the link, but it takes too long to downsize the pics on my computer. It was a fun battle!!!

[inline carp.jpg]
[signature]
great pic!

Did you get him on light tackle?
[signature]
That's a good one Ghostrider. Thanks for rembering the posting size. That is a nice fish and I can see where you would want to have the picture as big as possible.

I always love catching carp on light tackle. Lots of fun for everyone.[cool]
[signature]
I think Im gonna have to get out and go after some carp soon. That picture did it in for me and I know just the spot to catch some like that [Wink] Nice fish keep up the good reports!

Matt
[signature]
I did have a story to go w/ the pic, but it was edited cuz it was a link to another site. I don't understand why this site is so anal about other sites to be linked, I don't believe I'm causing problems, it just takes a long time to resize pics on my computer. Whatever.

Here's what I wrote about the carp catch & release:

Now I'm not a carp or catfish fisherman, I don't fish them for sport. I don't like to just sit & wait for something to bite my line. I know a couple weeks ago I caught my first carp, but that was w/ a worm & bobber.

Well me & one of my daughters headed back to the friends place that their backyard is part of the St. Joe River. Me & the girls have been having a blast fishing there, it's like we are practically guaranteed to hook into something...granted we are mostly fishing for bluegills & small LM & SM bass.

I've been bringing along an extra ultra light rod & reel to cast out bread balls. I also have a bell on the end, so we can hear if something "fishy" is going on while we fun fish.

About a half hour goes by & the bell is ringing out of control. I look over, see the rod bent crazy & I run for the rod. I take off the bell & set the hook HARD! Whatever is on the other end is spooling my little UL spinning reel, like I had maybe a couple yards of line left. I had 10 yds of mono & the rest is 15 lb braid, then at the end 10 lb mono w/ size 10 treble hook. So I may have the most 100 yds of line total. I start reeling, trying to get the mono line back on the spool, but the fish keeps swimming hard for deeper water. I pump more & reel in more, the fish answers back by trying to spool me again, this happens a few times. Slowly the fish is tiring & I'm getting line back & the braid back on the spool. My friends wife is looking around for a net, cuz whatever is on the other end of the line is HUGE. Finally got it to 10' of us & the fish surfaces...it's a huge carp! I got it close to shore, gave the rod to my daughter & I try to net it. The carp is too big, it takes off again, another fight! I get the rod back from my daughter & me & the carp are battling for another 5 minutes. The carp finally tires out, I give the rod to my daughter again & I finally am able to net the biggest carp I've ever landed! I gotta tell ya, the 3 ft net handle was bending! Man I was going nuts, we just can't believe how big this sucker was.

This carp weighed 20 lbs & 10 minutes worth of fighting using an ultralight setup. Second pic is me w/ my friends boys, they've never seen a fish this big before landed in their backyard.

[signature]
The link in itself is not the problem. It is when the link is to another site with a forum. Some people post a link that goes directly to another forum.

Even some of the pictures from other sites cannot be guaranteed that they will always be around.

The do recommend uploading to the photo gallery here though. It is easier to copy a thumbnail picture from the gallery to your own post.[cool]
[signature]
Check out this beast I landed on a flyrod

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/7205/cat/500/ppuser/50514"][Image: 000_0284.JPG][/url]
[signature]
Check out this unbelievable fishing session on Euro Aqua, Hungary

Edit: links are not allowed for new member with less than 15 post and links are never allowed that go to competing forums.
(10-27-2020, 12:28 PM)tsigalko06 Wrote: Check out this unbelievable fishing session on Euro Aqua, Hungary

Links are not allowed for new member with less than 15 post and links are never allowed that go to competing forum.
 We welcome you to this site but you will need to post your fishing reports on BFT, not have links to your site. We do allow YouTube links, as long as they don't advertise.
[Image: IMG-6676-jpeg.jpg]Oh man, I love carpin.  Wish I could see a picture of it!   I too fly fish for them and BOW HUNT!