Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went out again today...
Son asked if the water is warm enough to tube, I told him if he had the hipwaders it might be. Took the canoe out again, he didn't want to get up that early so we left the house at nine. Not my kind of timing as I know the lakes well for the canoe. Wind is always very light or non at all early mornings until about ten. Then it gets a little windy until late in the afternoon.
Right off it was too windy for big lakes as he wanted to try crappies. He says wow too many boaters today and said lets go to your secret spot and we got there. Two cars in the lot and I was hoping they didn't block the opening to the lake by fishing at the bank if they went that far. First pond had the father and son on the opening, good news then one more try. Found the others leaving from somewhere and said fishing is good and they ran out of bait, good news again sounds like the opening would be free of bank fishermen.
Long walk in and son says where is it? He told me the night before "U go ahead and I would met u there later" Ha I knew he wouldn't find me in the new secret lake!
Got set up and paddle out and I knew the wind is pretty good and we would be floating too fast along the lake. Forgot my drift bag but brought along the anchor. Try casting the shore while floating but we kinda went by a little too fast then I set out the anchor but found the lake is way deeper than I thought! We weren't too far from shore as it was easy to cast to but it drops down way deeper! That is because it was a coal mining area. Lake's depth around there varies alot.
Not a good fishing day but I did catch a few bluegills while he caught nothing.....
[signature]
Good job. You got the Gills cause you da Bluegillman. Way to go bro.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you were able to get out, but I gotta warn ya. We only allow one "non-tubing" report per year. Put the canoe away and get out the FishMaster.[/#0000ff]
[signature]