Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lima reservoir
I was wondering about ice fishing Lima reservoir This winter and wondering what the access is like and how the fishing is there? I have seen very little information about I am probably a 2 Hour Dr. to the lake. I assume there is a road open to the dam so they can get to it , do many people fish it? I thought I would try my hand at Bourbot.
I would even like to try it in the summer.
(01-15-2024, 07:12 AM)kentd71 Wrote: I was wondering about ice fishing Lima reservoir This winter and wondering what the access is like and how the fishing is there? I have seen very little information about I am probably a 2 Hour Dr. to the lake. I assume there is a road open to the dam so they can get to it , do many people fish it? I thought I would try my hand at Bourbot.
I would even like to try it in the summer.

Can't give you any first hand info but here are a couple of guys you can contact that might be able to help.

Mike Duncan, you can email him at mike.duncan@mt.gov or call him at 406-577-7871, he is the region 3 fish manager

Matt Jaeger,                                  matt.jaeger@mt.gov                       406-683-9310, he is the region 3 fish Biologist

Hope that helps
I'm not sure how access is in the winter, might need a snowmobile to get to it. If your after burbot, I'd just go to Clark Canyon.
I did a little looking around on another forum and looks like this is a very shallow lake, since it's a irrigation reservoir there's probably not much water in it, as I stated before Clark Canyon would be your best bet for fishing in that area.
(01-16-2024, 04:26 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I did a little looking around on another forum and looks like this is a very shallow lake, since it's a irrigation reservoir there's probably not much water in it, as I stated before Clark Canyon would be your best bet for fishing in that area.

I just saw the results of the latest ice tournament on Clark Canyon, and very few fish were caught. I’m not sure I want to go 2 hours for marginal fishing.