Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak Transportation Question
Hey Folks,

I need some Ideas...

I've got 2 Ocean Kayak Drifters and a 2005 Ford Rager.

I live on a river that leads into the Chesapeake Bay. I've never had need to transport my Kayaks anywhere by vehicle before.

For the sake of my new video's on [url "http://www.myoutdoorshow.com"]www.myoutdoorshow.com[/url] I want to start taking my Kayaks to different places in MD, PA, WV, VA.

Given the truck and Yaks I have... What would be the cheapiest safe way to transport my Kayaks from place to place?

thanks
[signature]
Get a bed extender and load both right in the back
[signature]
Ocean Kayak Drifters are pretty Wide (stability and all)

Both will not fit in the bed without stacking them or turning them on their end.

I've been told it's a horrible Idea to stack Kayaks. And there is nothing in the bed that will keek them on their side.
[signature]
I have 56 kayaks and have never had a problem with stacking them for transportation... I put six in the back of my truck...

When storing them for long periods of time you don't want to stack them because that is when they warp... Transportation won't be a problem...
[signature]
You can also build a rack out of PVC. I have one for my Cobra Triple and put it on my Ford Ranger. I reinforce the PVC with Threaded pipe.

1 1/4" PVC with 1/2" galvanized inside.[cool]
[signature]
I don't know how much you are willing to pay but they have racks for pickups in the back of Canoe and Kayak Magazine.

Tincanfsh
[signature]