Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a map
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could obtain a Map of the Quabbin Resovoir in Massachusetts? What I am ideally looking for is a detailed map of the shore line. My friend just bought a boat, and we fished it, but the resovoir is huge, and the map that we have doesn't show all the nooks and crannies. If it shows depth, that would be great, but wasn't certain if anyone knew of this place, and any such map that exists. Thanks!
[signature]
There are 5500 hits on the google counter. Do a google search from the link in my signature line.

By the way, Welcome to Big Fish Tackle.[cool]
[signature]
Shakyfly I've fished this water and it is big. South end is more for trolling for salmon or trout. North end for smallies and lgmouth. I never learned the waters well enough to catch anything, even after four trys. Good luck on the chart and fishing.
[signature]
Mmmmm, to actually get a detailed marine map of the coastline, it might be difficult. I checked a couple different websites, but MA wasn't on the list. But, try this website:

[url "http://www.nauticalchartsonline.com"]http://www.nauticalchartsonline.com[/url]

That is where I got all my Marine maps and they had a great selection. You may also want to consider purchasing a GPS that is updateable and Navionics or similar map software capable. They are a pretty handly piece of equipment, not to mention you can save a location when you start hitting the fish. [Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the link! I will check it out. I have a couple of different maps that got from the google link and they show all the main islands, but doesn't really show the all the nooks and crannies of the banks. Most the maps that I have found are so bad, that a dot with a ball point pen can cover a football field worth of area.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice Ric and welcome to Big Fish Tackle. We could sure use some more informitave members like yourself.

Please take the time to register. It is fast, easy, free and it has it's benefits.

There is a link at the bottom of my post to help you out. It says "New User Registration".

Then pay attention to the validation email that follows. That allows you to log back onto the site with your new username.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there ShakeyFly - how about a satalite view? Go to Google Earth and type in "485 Ware Road Belchertown, MA 01007" Rotate your mouse wheel to zoom in or out[/size][/green][/font].
[signature]
[quote ShakeyFly]I was wondering if anyone knew where I could obtain a Map of the Quabbin Resovoir in Massachusetts? What I am ideally looking for is a detailed map of the shore line. My friend just bought a boat, and we fished it, but the resovoir is huge, and the map that we have doesn't show all the nooks and crannies. If it shows depth, that would be great, but wasn't certain if anyone knew of this place, and any such map that exists. Thanks![/quote]

10 years late, but here is a Quabbin Map with depth contours.

http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts.com...0/-72.3047
[signature]