Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did anyone fish on memorial day weekend?
did anyone fish on memorial day weekend? and if you did was it crowed? and how did you do?
[signature]
My son and I went out. In Central Cali. We caught lots of Bass, Blue Gills and Trout.

No crowds in the secret spots.[cool]
[signature]
Not I. My 84 yo Dad was in town visiting and he doesn't get around as well as he used to so we did lots of family stuff.

But the lakers better look out this weekend! I've got new "stuff" to show 'em! Yup, I'm planning a mackinaw "Meet & Greet".

Here fishy, fishy!
[signature]
Sounds good let me know how you do.
[signature]
Memorial Day weekend fishing in Wyoming was awesome. My friends and I fished Thursday evening, Saturday and Monday evening. We caught and released a bunch of big lakers. (two 10 pounders, 2 fifteen pounders and a 28 pounder and we lost six other nice fish.) We also caught some small rainbows and one brown. All in all, good fishing!
[signature]
Nice fish! It doesn't look like Flaming Gorge. Do you mind saying what lake? Jigging or trolling? I'm a jigger myself.
[signature]
Definitely not the Gorge. Those fish down ther are fat-bellied, small headed ugly trout. These lakers cam out of a lake near Pinedale, locally known as the dead sea. As for jigging or trolling, we did both. Some were caught on a foxy jig tipped with sucker meat and the others were caught trolling a big glow in the dark flatfish at about 3 mph.
[signature]
I wondered if that might be the lake! Thanks!
[signature]
Made a trip back home to Leadville and fished the inlet of Turquiose. Caught a number of small macks (samll being in the 18 in range 2-3 lb average I'd say). Fished there since a kid and got some sure fire tactics (if the saeson is right that is). Trip wasn't long enough though. Only was able to get out for a couple hrs...
[signature]
That is a bummer that you did'nt get to fish more, sounds like you know that lake pretty well. I am taking my boat out on Cherry Creek on Saturday, I have a nice set up on my boat with downriggers and a very nice fish finder, I am going to troll with rapalas and we are also going to jig for bass, catfish, and hopefully even catch a walleye jigging.
[signature]