Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to fish?
I'm from Utah and a BFT member, I work arround the country building starbucks and will be in eau claire for a few days doing a job. It looks like I will have a couple of days to burn and could use some guidance on some good wisconcin fishing If you don't mind sharing. I would like to go after muskie or northern pike since I have never caught either, So any help (Places , Boat rentals , methods, rod rentals??? ) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Lonnie
[signature]
HI Lonnie.. Sounds like a cool job you have!

Are you up for traveling a few hours from Eau Claire to get to a lake system ?

The Chippewa Flowage is right up the road @ 90 miles from Eau Claire...
[signature]
Hey birdog, Ya I'll drive a few hours for some good fishing. I have a couple of days to burn so I thought I'd go buy a K-mart special fishin pole (I can't really fly with my poles all the time) And see if I can find a productive fishing hole. Do you have any suggestions? And yes the job is great ,I travel all over installing and project manage starbucks on the const end. I travel anywhere from alaska to florida to hawaii to new york. This is my first trip to the upper mid west however. Thanks again Lonnie
[signature]
First things I guess .. when are you scheduled to start the project? well... assuming the job calander is current. [Wink]

reason I ask is that time of year and water temps.. yadda yadda.. will sort of dictate a few things.
[signature]
I start the job there on mon 6/4. I'm currantly in davenport Iowa and will be headed to eua clair tomarrow afternoon or fri. So tghe question would be where and when right now. Thanks again for your help Lonnie
[signature]
Chippewa Flowage

* East side 1st 9 (East of Hwy CC)

East channel of Scott Island
Chuck inline spinners (Mepps musky killer in firetiger or an Inhaler in black/orange bucktail w/gold blade.. Jerk bait in ) toward shore as you work your way south from the bridge.. make two passes and don't rush it.

... there is so much to know about his place.. I'd spend an hour typing this crap out..

I'm sending you a PM with my mobile # - give me a call and I'll clue you in.
[signature]
Was good to talk with ya Lonnie..

Don't hesitate to give me another call. [Wink]
[signature]