Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee Dodger Question
Just throwing out a question to the kokanee pro's. I hear a lot about leader length. My question is this. I see on the dodgers that you want your lure to be any where from 9" to 18" behind the dodger. Do you measure from the end of the dodger, or from the end of the swivel on the dodger to get the correct length. Also, do you want the dodger to put action on the lure, or just as an attractor. Any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
I like to set them 18 to 24 inches behind the doger they say the shorter the more action you get and I measure behind the snubber.

This year seems to be real hot with big popgear and a kok killer behind it tiped with a worm and they are not very deep.
[signature]
I run koke-nuts and squids about 10 inches behind, wedding rings about 24 inches and apex around 30inches with no snubber. and sometimes two dodger hooked together then the lure. the kokes should be shallower untill the lake warms up.
[signature]
The important thing to remember is that your lure has to have action. If you are using a lure that has no action by itself, then make sure it is close to the dodger, 10-12 inches. If you use a lure that has action such as a needlefish, or wedding rings or any action lure, then make it 18 to 24 inches from the dodger. All these inches are approximate and you can vary. Make sure you put the dodger and lure in the water and watch the action before you send it down. You want you lure to be moving. You can experiment with different lengths. Good luck
[signature]