Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoCal Stripers
Anyone in SoCal want to hit some Stripers this Saturday???

I'm headed to Castaic. Striped Bass will be on the menu for anyone who cares to join me.

[cool][cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
Wish I could, but we are headed to Powell & lees ferry and all points in between. Have a good time. How big are the strippers getting in Castaic these days ?
[signature]
If you are in the wrong spot, you will only get the little dinks of 10 to 30lbs.

If you get into the right spot, they are running above 30 up to 50+lbs.

My best was about 6 or 7 years ago and it was 48lbs. It was 2lbs shy of getting me into the 50lb club. I'm going for it this year.[cool]
[signature]
Nice size Stripper
[signature]
Quote:
Nice size Stripper
Quote:

Kind of small for a Stripper but just right for a "Striper" lol[cool]
[signature]
Hello,

I was wondering how your trip went. I am kinda new to the striper fishing. I live in vegas and I am still working on my first double digit fish.

I do know that willow beach Arizona can produce up to 40 lbers. But what are you using for lures and what method are you using. Trolling or Casting. Like to see some pictures of your monsters.

Stripercraze
[signature]
As most people know, wind and stripers don't mix. I should have taken up wind surfing or wind trolling.

Most people out here drop shot frozen anchovies. During the Trout planting season, you can also pick them up on Huddlestons or immitation trout lures.

The trolling with the Huds is usually around the 60' mark. That produces the 30lb class.

The bigger ones are down deeper and hit on the Drop shot anchovy in about 190' of water. Deeper than that you catch the bottom of the lake.

The lake where I fish them is 292 in the deepest part. There are some nice crawfish down there but the fish have their happy spot in the water column.

All my bigger ones were pre digital camera days. I am working on catching some fresh ones to have better digital proof.

The big ones are due to start biting good soon. I want to be part of it.[cool]
[signature]
I will be trying for bigger ones at Powell, will be using bigger lures to try to get bigger.
[signature]
Big Bait = Big Fish!

I'm giving em a break this weekend. We got YT and WSB running local.
I guess a WSB would go good on the Bass board too![cool]
[signature]
Similiar too Bass habits, they love to patrol the shoreline.
[signature]
Yup![cool] I love fishing them. Did you check out the WSB video of Dan Hernandez in the video library on this site??? I'm in a couple of them.[Smile]
[signature]
Yes. A few years back we were into a 6 hour bite and caught over 50 fish each on the backside of Catalina with no one around all fish were 40 lbs to 55 lbs that we landed and where broke off on 40 lb test many times.
[signature]
I love it when an oversized Croaker tries to show attitude on a dude. I love fishing Catalina. I spent close to 22years fishing that Island. I finally moved up to the Channel Islands for a change of scenery and a change of pace.

Most of the techniques are even different for all the species. It was fun adapting.[cool]
[signature]