Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which shimano spinning reel for bass fishing?
Hi fellas. I am buying a new shimano symetre reel and I don't know which model to buy for bass fishing. My choices are the 2500FI model which holds 6,18,10 lb test line and the 4000FI which holds 8,10,12 lb test line.

I fish primarily rather clear water and won't likely catch anything over 3 lbs in my fishing hole. Is there any diSadvantage going to the larger capacity reel? I really don't know the difference here.
[signature]
I just answered this one in the previous post but since you did touch the subject of Bass, I will give a simple repeat.

Get the 2500 and spool it with 6lb test. That should be plenty big enough and you won't need a whole lot of line.[cool]

The larger capacity reel will only hold more line. It will not allow you to cast any further than you would with the 2500. It will only hold more line.[Smile]
[signature]
Yes sir I apologize for the double post. I am new here and it was unclear to me in which forum to post. I will try and limit my posts from now on. Thanks for your response....twice...[Smile]
[signature]
Not a problem bro. We are all here to help each other.

Any of your Bass specific questions are more than welcome in this section. Freshwater in general in that section and even info about your lake or area can be answered on the Freshwater section too.

Which State are you from??? I'm in SoCal.

We have Bass anglers from all over the World here.[cool]
[signature]
I am from Illinois. We do a lot of old strip mine pit fishing here in central Illinois. Pits (lakes) formed by the mining of coal. They have all long since been worked out and now provide good bass fishing and recreation areas.
[signature]
That is cool. Be sure to get us some pics too. Please try to re-size them to no more than 450 pixel wide. It makes it easier to reply to your post with all the Oooooohs and Aaaaaaahs coments.[cool]
[signature]
I've got a 2500 spooled with 8#, I love it. Good smooth reel.
[signature]
ive always gone heavier if i could. only reason is that around here the chance of catching another fish such as a northern or walleye is still a possibility. even with my 12lb line, i lost a huge northern the other night. i hate that snapping sound. ting!
[signature]
Out here on the West Coast, we call that the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzinggggg Powwwwwwwwww.[cool]
[signature]
Hytek, I think the 2500's have everyones vote. My four shimanos are 2500 for bass and Pike. 8lb fireline on my rigs.
[signature]