Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME YAKKERS
[cool][#0000ff]Hey folks, let's all give a round of cyber-applause to the admins of BFT...for setting up this separate board for kayakers. I asked theangler about doing it only last week and he done gone and got it done.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have always been a float tuber, and I share moderating duties on the float tube board with TubeN2. I know enough about kayaks to be dangerous (to myself), but TN2 has joined the yakkin' ranks and is better qualified than I am to answer some of the more technical questions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know we have quite a few kayak fans on other boards of BFT. I hope enough of you will wander in and stay awhile. More importantly, share your pictures of past and current trips. We were able to get a separate picture board set up, and I will be using that board to put together buying guides, pictorial how tos...on setting up your new rides...etc. For the time being, please post all your trips and comments on this side of the wall.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, since this is a new board, we are completely open to new ideas and suggestions for setting it up and keeping it humming. If you have a world beating idea, fire away. I think I can get some BFT hats and stuff for prizes for best new ideas, etc.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]ROCK AND ROLL...but come back up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeDude[/#0000ff]
[signature]
As Co-Moderator, I would like to welcome anyones questions and comments as well.

I have been tubing a lot more years than I have been yakking but I do my yakking in the salt. That tends to build up some serious skill under your belt in a hurry.

Please feel free to openly share what you have to share with the rest of us Yakkers.[cool]
[signature]
Aren't Yakkers the ones that disappear on the Partyboat and sleep/Yak all day. They are a necessary part of Partyboating. The part that keeps the rail open...[Wink]. Kayakers are those crazy guys in those little thin boats with big Halibut and Yellowtail, with the occasional Thrasher

Shark draped over them...
[signature]
Hey Tubedaddy Santa is leaving a Old Towne "Voyager" on the roof for the Mrs. on Christmas .
I got it in a canary yellow so she matches me when I'm floating downriver in my Mr. Quackers tube [Wink] .
I'm shure she will want some info on the new craft so i'll be pointing her in your direction here .
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Al, Merry Christmas to ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You gonna use that kayak as a toboggan for awhile, until the ice melts?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you been takin' good care of Mr. Quackers. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
right back at ya tubedude.. hope you and your family have a safe and fun filled holiday ... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
nice job setting this up i just wanted to drop in and say i can probably answer a few yakking questions seeing as i have be doing it for 5 years. iv fishhed both fresh and salt out of my 3 yakks so just wanted to put that out there
DAn[fishin]
[signature]
Welcome aboard here and feel free to chime in and offer any advice that you can share. Everybody has something to offer. Some offer questions, others offer answers or cool suggestions.[cool]
[signature]
thanks[fishin]
[signature]
Walking into K-mart last Saturday, there was a stack of
blue Calypso 8-foot kayaks for $200 each. My dear wife said "Happy Father's Day" and I couldn't argue. She knows this day would come, having seen me drool over the ocean-going kayaks that glide past us waders with limits of reds and specs. So I'm now a proud owner of a baby kayak (try hard not to laugh at the imagined sight of big ol' me sitting atop it). But, knowing a fool and his life soon are parted, I'd appreciate any tips for a beginner like me. And since I manage to carry five rods with my ODC 420 toon, I know I'll have to customize this little kayak to the hilt to be happy. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I'm hoping to revitalize this thread a bit.

Most of the Yakers use the milk crate system for the rod holders. the tubes that you slide your rods into simply strap around the outside edges of the milk crate. Extra tackle and goodies go inside the crate. The whole crate bungees down tot he yak fro better stability.
[signature]
hi all im new here Smile
[#0000FF]Welcome aboard. This thread was originally posted on the Float Tubing board...of which I am a moderator. I have no connection with the kayak board...except a few of my fishing buddies have kayaks.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Welcome aboard. Feel free to pick our brains here. We have much to share and are willing to take advice too. [cool]
[signature]