Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 2-3 June
Got to the KOA Friday night and met up with Jared and Reed who had been there most of the week. Good reports from them on Kokanee so that got the excitment up a bit. Saturday up and at it at 430. Launched the boat to great weather and calm water. Run north 12 miles to the farm house and started slamming the fish. Between my boat, Jared's and Reeds we totaled 70 fish that morning. What was strange was the size. I really do not think I've ever caught that many small fish for a entire season, let alone 1 morning. We did manage to keep five between 3.5 and 3.9. Jared showed me a picture of one that he caught Thursday that ween 4.6, but none of us found them that morning. Hot ticket for my boat was Pink UV, as usual, trailing the crushed pink dodger. Curt started with a bahama spoon trailing a pink and green dodger, and my son was using a hyper plaid dodger with pink UV. All did well. We boated 22, as did Jared and his family, and Reed top us both by boating 26. Everyone was back at the docks by 1130. We were on our own this morning, with only me and Curt as my son consumed too much liquid bud light in celebration the night before. Another great morning. Tryed something different this morning that Reed was using the day before. Pink RGT (Redical Glow Tube) trailing a pink and lime dodger. It out did my pink UV setup 16 to 9. Still small fish for the most but picked up 4 more keepers for tonight barbacue. All in all, a great weekend. Can't wait for the buckboard tournament next week. Just hope we can find more of the 4 -5 lb class instead of the minnows we found this weekend.
[signature]
Is that farm house near Anvil Draw?
[signature]
Just North of Anvil you will see on the east side of the lake a group of tree's and it is known as Brinager's ranch.... I enjoyed being with you guys Rob and I will see you up there this Thursday.... I will bring more Radical glow Tubes so we are well stocked.... The fishing was great and you are right alot of "small" fish but we did end up with 7 between 3.4-4.6 pounds so all in all I was happy.
Top producers for me were Our Hyper Plaid dodger with a pink U.V. Squid, Our Radical Glow Tubes were also doing well but the most consistent bait for us this week were the Serpent spoons...They just wouldn't leave them alone.
I also got a chance to visit with Bear Lake Mack and Ice fishing God who were up to fish with Jimmy so it was great to see them!!
Buckboard and Brinagers are both good areas if anyone is up looking for Kokanee right now....
Tight Lines
Jared Johnson R.M.T./Sockeyeslayer
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Yup, good to see you guys up there and hang out for a while. It was a great weekend to be on the Gorge. The weather was awesome![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Rob, sounds like you and Curt had a fun time at the Gorge. I wasn't sure he was the same Curt I knew until I saw the picture but that confirmed it. Sounds like I need to check out some of those new Glow tubes, do you guys have them for sale yet?
[signature]
Hey, thanks a lot for the great report on the Gorge! Those UV hoochies have been great this year! But, it sounds like I need to break out the RGT's and Viper Serpent spoons too! Its kind of been a small koke year for me too... so far. My biggest have only been around 3 lbs. (not nearly as nice as last year... but, the season is still young!)

I get my radical glow tubes from [url "http://www.radicalglow.com/"]www.radicalglow.com[/url]

Again, thanks for the report!
[signature]
Hey Rich did you take any pictures of IGF's and your fish?
[signature]
Curt,

Here are the pictures:

Oh, It's a blank screen you say? Well that must be all the fish we caught. I hate Mack fishing anyway.
With the master at the helm, it is hard to believe you guys caught that many[Wink]. But I agree with you about hating mac fishing, you can spend a lot of time and not catch any but when you do, it's all worth while. That is why I like to add some koke fishing into the mix when I go up there and they taste sooooo good.
[signature]
Wasn't the guy driving us that was at fault. We found medium sized stacks of fish on 9 out of 10 places we went. When they eat, it's not hard to catch them. When they don't eat it's impossable.

I'm in the process of inventing a new lure. I'm going to call it "10 inch live Rainbow with a 6/0 circle hook through it's back". Catchy name don't you think?
Wasn't trying to place anyone at fault, I just know Rich and there is no one (other than capt Jim), that would try harder to put you over the fish and help you catch those macks.
Hey, that new lure sounds like it has possibilities. Love the name but it might be a little hard for it to fit on the package[Wink].
[signature]
Where is the world have you been Scott? Havent heard nor seen you in a while!!!
TS
[signature]
It was good to meet all you guys at the KOA. My daughter and I got our fair share of the kokes on the UV stuff, and we also got a 24lb. mac. Thanks for the time in the boat Jared, we both had a great time, and I learned a lot. Aaron
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Good to meet you, Aaron! Hope to see you on the water again![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]