Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake fun and friends
Well we had a lot of fun down at Fishlake this last weekend. Wasatch and I fished it all day Friday as well as Saturday. On Saturday we were Joined by Luke72 and the rest of the Famn Damily. Well on to the fishing. Kev and I decided to wash all of our tackle and spent most of the day trolling, various things. the most productive were an orange spoon in the morning and a chartruse spoon in the afternoon. We caught about 20 fish total on Friday, the biggest being about 14-16 inch laker. So we pass on our words of wisdom to the rest of the gang on Friday night as we were the advanced scouting detail.

Saturday
We get down to the Dock and pick up the Party Barge "pontoon boat" at 6am and are on our way. Pretty much everyone on the boat dropped pop gear in various colors and sizes trailing plugs flatfish you name it. Wasatch hooked up with 3 very small just planted mutant very ugly rainbows. and than I hooked up with a decent sized bow at about 16 inches. This was all in the first 45 minutes and than nada, zip, zero. There was nothing so we head back to the dock at about 9. Back up to the cabin grab a fresh cup of coffee drop a few people off pick up a few others and lets try again. Instead of trolling this time Luke and I decided we would head for what we kinda know. Straight across the lake. Just did a slow drift back into the shore. I dropped one rod with a circle hook and crawler, and than on my ultra light I started throwing the weed line for Perch. I hooked up with one small Perch (soon to be bait) and we caught 2 small Splake. We had a couple of 4yr old on the boat and they wanted to head in so back we went. Get back to the cabin about noon grab a sandwich and boys time out. Wasatch, Luke72, myself and 2 of are other fellow coharts head out to the same area. This time we dropped anchor over a small point that Kevin and I had found on Friday. After about 10 minutes it was FISH ON. We started out just playing with the perch and than in came some of the smaller Lakers and Splake. Wasatch put on a demo on how to catch a fish every other cast. We spent probably about 2 hours catching fish. It ranged from 1 chub (once again adding to our bait basket) and several small Splake and Lakers from around 10" up to 16" at the top end. The bite was pretty lite, it was a huge plus to have the UL rods. It seamed the magic color for the time was white. White or glow head with a small white jigg tipped with Perch or Chub. The chub seamed to work a little better. We would just toss to the weed line and let it drop and work it back to the boat. The highlight of my trip was I had a perch on and a small laker trying to munch it. Wasatch managed to get a jig down in the area and WHAM the Laker decided to hit in instead, it was pretty cool to watch. Now it is time to go back to get the wives and kids so that they can get the skunk off. So back across the lake we go. Pick up the kids and my and Luke72 's wife and back to the other side we go for the last couple of hours . Get set up just up lake from where we were and get back of the fish. We had the 2 4 yr old just a grinning as they were tossing fish back as fast as we could catch them. We managed to put grins on the faces of both the wives and kids as they hauled in fish or get to throw them back. All in all it was a very good trip. A guess would be that we caught close to 80-100 fish and that is counting the perch. Nothing of any great size but still fun to catch.

Sorry no pictures as I just never got the camera out.

Majja
[signature]
Matt,

It was kool that Chris invited me to come along this year. Fun trip! Just too bad we couldn't get the gang on some bigger fish. Lakers can be frustrating little beasts! I think that full moon really hurt us too. In the end, it seemed like everybody had fun....and that is all that matters! Now maybe your wife will consider that boat you've been wanting! [sly]
[signature]
Yea......snicker snicker [crazy] the only way I am ever getting a boat tat this time is if I start pooing out 100.00 bills. No actually there may be a little 14 footer in my future but not until next year. I don't think I could sell her on anything bigger unless i go to Wendover and win 10K.
[signature]
I'm glad you guys had fun, that was the funnest trip for me down there ever. I had a blast, well, other than the visit from the north american ralph monkey late saturday night [crazy]. I got a few pics on the wifes camera but I forgot to bring them to work, I'll try to remember tomorrow.
[signature]