Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 6/4 - 6/5
Did a 2 day camping trip to Jordanelle (was supposed to be 3 days but shortened due to this cold front/wind).Bass fishing was good,probably 50 or so. Fished the south side of Rock Cliff.Nothing huge,but did get a few nicer sized ones up to a couple of pounds.Had a blast on light tackle.They really turned on around 8 a.m. on Tues. until the W came up around 11 a.m. All were caught on Berkeley 2" green and orange power grubs. A few rainbows and perch were also caught.Water temp was 57*.Please be aware of the runoff debris in Rock Cliff (typical this time of year).There are some real nasty ones floating in there,some just barely visible.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you got in some fishing before Mama Nature pitched her hissy fit. Too bad the trip was shortened though. I know you wanted to try Starvation, but that is too far to drive just to watch the whitecaps. I know, from my last trip there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good to hear there are some perch in the vacinity. I suspect that when the runoff slows down and the water temps come up that there will be some good perchin' this year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am wondering about the size of the smallies this year. Two years ago everybody was hanging lots of bigguns, but last year the average size seemed to drop off a lot.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Last couple of years I had the same results during the runoff.No perch until the runoff stopped and the water warmed but lots of SMB's.I marked a lot of fish in my perch spots but they had lockjaw so I concentrated on the bass.I'm thinking drop shotting the bass might have yielded bigger fish that were on their beds, but I still had fun with the smaller fish with the ultralite tackle.
[signature]