Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEAST I FORGET - At the Gorge 6/4/07
What does this mean? It's for me or other old geezers that need to remind ourselves that these long trips and hard work are every bit worth the effort and the little bit of aches and pins at night and when you get home. I find it harder and harder to get myself to go, but when I do, I thank my lucky stars that I did and am still able. The Sparkinator left for the Gorge on 6/2 and arrived at the Confluence about noon. Set up the tent trailer and headed off to do an afternoon float tube fishing thing for smallies. Fished 6/3 and am of 6/4. It never changed. It was just plain wonderful. The pic. is of the normal/avg. size that were caught. These were 14 and 14 1/2 in. Aren't they great? Must have caught around 40 the whole time with the smallest at 13 and the biggest at 18 1/2 in and just a pig of a fish. My other old fart fishing buddy showed up the last day and spent the am fishing until getting blown off by the wind. He must have caught 30 just that am but were smaller, probably because he was using a much smaller lure. I caught all mine on a guacamole reaper, never tried anything else. [inline "Fl. G. 3a, 6-4-07.jpg"] Leaky
[signature]
Wow! Sounds like a great trip! I love those Gorge smallmouth!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Glad you were able to get over there and that the weather held up for you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I figured you were timing it right for the smallies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did you get to play with any carp?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Figured you'd ask. That was the only bad part. They weren't spawning and therefore not in the shallows. They were smimming around me in deep water and were humongus. Tried to take my bow out in the tube but it was too cumbersome and they were too deep, arrow lost energy, couldn't draw properly, aim, etc. I'll have to take my bow to Ut. L and shoot some on the surface or in the shallows.
Leaky
[signature]
[cool] Nice report! I'll bet those smallies tasted good!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Last week they were all over in the shallows in Willard off the north dike, where you park to walk out onto the dike, by the outlet. The nasty weather will keep them down for a couple of days, but they will be back the first couple of nice days.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Glad you could make it up Fred. Did the Sparkinator swim much, or was he a shore bound buddy?
[signature]