Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing for browns in NY
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there Macfly55 how about these brownies?[/size][/green][/font][/center]

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KxqDGr85XM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KxqDGr85XM[/url]
[signature]
[#005000]now those are some nice looking fish.. if only I could hook into one that size.. lol.. one day.. [/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]MacFly [cool][/#005000]
[signature]
Wow! Is that river a public fishery or private water?
[signature]
[black][size 3]In the fall of the year, those large browns run up all of the feeder streams that go into the great lakes. They live in the lakes all year, where they get tons of feed, and when they spawn, they are like footballs. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It's some of the best trout fishing anywhere. Many people, from all over the world, fish those feeder streams every fall.[/size]
[signature]
hmmm if I had the money sounds like a road trip to me.. :-)...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I had two gentlemen that would come in the store and stock up for their big NY Brown trip every year. They saved up for this trip. Showed me pictures and I always said Man people talk about Patagonia, Alaska and I all I can say is NY for some BIG BROWN!
[signature]
I keep saying one day.. lol.. who knows.. maybe one day road trips will happen.. my first being to SLC area.. :-)...

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Way back when - I use to live in upstate NY about 2 miles east of the Neversink River. Unfortunately I wasn't into fly fishing then but the area is renowned for FFing. This is a picture of the Neversink a few miles below the Catskill. We took the fishing for granted. Duh who knew how great we had it. Oh the area is also know for it's spectator fall colors.[/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font]

[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=26140;][/center]
[signature]
Those are some nice browns. They make it look so easy but then again, they are in full spawn and gullible to just about any thing you throw out.[cool]
[signature]