Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Fishing Tournament info
Finding local fishing tournaments can be tricky, especially since many of the contests are "member only" type of senario's. The first place to start is the Utah Natural resources department. This is the headquarters contact information:

Utah Department of Natural Resources
PO Box 145610
1594 W. North Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5610
(801) 538-7200

There is also a registered BASS organization, there's the contact info:
[#0000ff]Southern Division[/#0000ff] [center]Region: Southern Utah, UT[/center] [center]Director: Joe Johnson[/center] [center]Call (435) 229-2141[/center] [center] [/center] [left]There is also a local tournament organization, and here is a link to their website that is loaded with info and contacts:[/left] [left] [/left] [left][url "http://www.utahbassfederation.org/Tournaments.htm"]http://www.utahbassfederation.org/Tournaments.htm[/url][/left] [left] [/left] [left]I also believe that BFT has an anual wiper tournament there in Utah. I'd also post this question on the Utah board. They'd definately be able to brind you up to par on that one. [/left] [left] [/left] [left]Don't be affraid to give your favorite local bait and tackle stores a call and ask them. Alot of times the local tackle stores will sponsor "mom and pop" tournaments and advertise for them; and atleast have the info to share with would be participants. [/left] [left] [/left] [left]I hope this helps and good luck. Make sure and keep us up to date on what you've found out!![/left]
[signature]
In Utah we are allowed to have tournaments without having the state involved as long as they have less than 50 people and have less than $500.00 in prizes. I've done three of the five wiper tournaments and have never had any major problems. One of the two years that I wasn't involved were so big that we had to pay the state the fees they require for such big tournaments. I can understand when the tournaments get over 50 contestants but one year we went up to 26 and had to pay all kinds of extra fees just because we made a big to-do about the start. We ended up paying over a hundred extra bucks because the state parks department had to get their share even thought we had all paid our entrance fee. What a scam when all we wanted to do was get a few friends together for a friendly day on the lake with a few prizes for the winners. I learned an important lesson on that tournament, even though I wasn't involved, never make a big to-do about the start and keep it on a low profile. We are having some low water years at the lake where our wiper tournament has been held for the last five years and I'm hoping we will have enough water this coming year to hold the contest. I guess time will tell. WH2
[signature]