Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South vs. North
Just hit the news about the Catawba River which Lake Norman, Lake Waylie and others are on. S.C. put an injunction on N.C. on saleing water to cities that are not close to the river. N.C. sometime back OKed for two cities to take water from the river. If I'm right its over 10 million gal. a day. S.C. is saying it will cause boat ramps to close, marinas to close, and over all the water will just be to low and even the water will become polluted. I fish the Catawba alot, which runs on into lake Norman. I didn't like the ideal of the two cities takeing the water to start with. It would cause problems on down stream and happy S.C. steped up to stop this. I think a lot of people around the river didn't like that. Is SanTee on the Catawbe river chain?
[signature]
Mmmmm, I don't have my map on me, but if I remember correctly, I believe the two bodies of water join at one point or another. I'm glad they didn't decide to allow the water to be taken as well. And sell it? It's not their water to sell anyhow, rather they approved it or not. LOL, geez, the government is always trying to rip people off. We definately don't need to do anything that is going to hinder the river systems around here. They are low enough as it is. All we need is for a river to dry up. If they need water that bad, there's an ocean right up the street. [Tongue]
[signature]