Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Weapon... :)
Today at work (fisherman's bait n tackle store) we got some new inventory and guess what!!! i found it.. after all these years i have the key to catch the bigguns.. its a holographic fish made by Storm Lures.. looks EXACTLY like a small blue gill and it swims justtt like a fish im not bs'n u guys!!! i throw'r on the line and drift and let that lil bugger swim.. and guess whats gonan happen when it swims passed a musky or a wally.. or even a big bass.. dun duh dun dun dunnn!!! ahaha [sly] totally excited to use it!!!!! woooooo (and i use alot of storm products they work.. [Tongue]) [url "http://stormlures.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=wildeye_live_sunfish&freshorsalt=Fresh&type=soft_lures"]http://stormlures.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=wildeye_live_sunfish&freshorsalt=Fresh&type=soft_lures[/url]
check it out!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I have actually used that product and I was less than impressed. there were two in the package one of tehm it swam on its side the otherthe tail fell off after two casts and No fish caught.

Joe
[signature]
I feel the same way about Storm lures. I have had nothing but trouble with them. Sorry SE.[pirate]
[signature]
TUESDAY I HAD A 33 INCHER TO THE BOAT I GRABED THE WIRE LEADER AND BANG THE FISH SHOOK HIS HEAD AND SWAM AWAY WITH THE BACK HALF OF THAT STORM LURE. THE PIC IS ON CHUCKS POST OF THE FISH RIGHT AT THE BOAT WITH THE STORM IN ITS MOUTH. THIS ONE HAD KILLER ACTION BUT AFTER SEEING HOW THEY ARE BUILT. I DONT KNOW???? [unsure]
[signature]
What post??
[signature]
Musky post? If so i saw it.
[signature]
YA THAT WAS THE ONE.
[signature]
I have used that Storm lure in 3 different sizes. They are so mass produced that the quality of them is redicules.

The better Blue Gills are made by Castaic Lures and Matt Lures. None of the 2 come in mini sizes so you don't have to worry about Mini Bass.

Storm does make a good Saltwater plastic though. I have tested the Anchovy, Sardine, and Mackerel swim baits with great results. When the fish get frisky, the I will add some scent.
My scent of choice, Pro Cure. Yes, they are one of my sponsors.[cool]
[signature]
dang!! are you serious?? that blows.. oh well..
[signature]
I've been hesitant to try those things.. [unimpressed]

Just about the only soft plastic I use from Storm is the 4" Wildeye split-tail minnow in firetiger and pearl.

Other than those the original Hot 'N Tots behind the boards see a good amount of water time for Eyes.. these are the only two Storm baits I use.
[signature]
I have actually caught a lot of fish on Storm stuff... even the hard baits. I don't ever use the jointed stuff, because I have heard some horror stories about that. But the normal jerk baits have produced many fish for me... especially on streams.

I have also done really well on the plastics that they make, especially the shad bodies. [cool]
[signature]
see this is why fly is my buddy he appreciates storm lures as well!!! [Tongue]
[signature]
I've fished alot with Storm lures in the last few years. I've only had what I would consider a "lure failure" on one occasion. Of course, that was on a 22 lb. 11.75 oz. Largemounth Bass that would have made me a millionaire if I had gotten her into the boat! Just makes me sick to think what usin' them Storm Lures has cost me.

Heck, you think if I have my lawyer talk to them that they'd try to make it up to me someway????
[cool][cool][cool]
[signature]