Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Derby Report!!!
Bluegillslayer and I headed out on the annual Echo Trout Fishing Derby today and had a great time, lots of laughs anyway. We didnt win that is for sure but we had fun and that is all that matters. Anyhow, long story short, we landed 7 rainbows, lost 4 behind the boat including a nice brown. Had the pleasure of meeting/talking to slimerslayer from his boat, good to meet other BFT'ers that is for sure. We ran into a couple other people that tried to talk to us, but I have bad hearing[unsure] so if that was any fellow BFT'ers, I apologize!!! Big fish of the day was a 25 1/2" Brown!!! Bluegillslayer has a funny story that only he can tell you and hopefully he "chimes in" here pretty soon to let you know why we LOST and hour of fishing today!!! He has a couple of pix too!!!
TS
[signature]
I guess I'll tell the story. Get ready for a good laugh at my expense. Me and Trout_slayer were fishing about 30 ft or so down and I figured it would be a good idea to put my pole in the rod holder. Then I decided that it would be a good idea to put up the sun shade on the boat. Well were the sun shade on TS's boat is stored the bars hit the rod holder. Stupid me knew this and didn't think to move my pole before picking the sun shade up (the rod holders are the quick grab type that slip right out)and donated a $100 setup to the depths. Don't I feel stupid.

Besides all that we did have a decent time out on the lake. It would have been better if the fish were biting more, but always a good time when you're fishing. Hopefully we have better luck tomorrow out at East Canyon. According to Sportsman's fishing board(had to go there to buy a new setup, this one's only $50 not so bad if I lose it to the depths) the fishing is "HOT" there for large mouth and trout. Included are the pics we took for the day the rest were MOE's.
[signature]
When I was a kid, I donated a setup to the depths of Causey Reservoir...maybe the Causey Reservoir Monstah got it!
[signature]
Sounds like the fishing was slower compared to last year .I boated 20+ fish by myself last year . It is a nice derby to take a family fishing . The Echo Resort is great shade from the sun .
[signature]
Well now I don't feel to bad, I also donated rod, reel, and rapala to the water, however, I had some help. I had just landed one and threw out the rapala to troll while i unhooked it and another hook up dragged it right out from between my legs. During the process of turning around hoping to snag it, I managed to lose my down rigger ball also. In 35 odd years of fishing, this was my rod first donation. We did catch 15-20 between the two of us, but all were shy of 18 inches, biggest was 17.5. Great day till the wind came up. lLft about 4 after towing a broke down ski boat in.
[signature]
Hey troutslayer...nice meeting you guys.We had fun up there also.Between two of us we boated at least 30 fish.All twins @17 inches.The wind was beating us up and the end of the day when I got an 18 and a half incher.I called my buddy on our walkie-talkies and the last fish of the day was right at 18 inches.By that time of the day I was to wore out to bother running mine in...would've at least payed for part of my gas! Oh well...maybe next year.
[signature]