Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Fishing?
Just started building a home in Bushkill, Pike county, about 2 miles from the Delaware river. I've got a small 12 boat and I'm wondering where's the best places to try some fishing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[signature]
You can launch it at Promised Land Lake or Lower lake, nice water there, some good bass fishing, lower lake has lots of pickeral. Wallenpaupack is big and full of powerboats and water skiers so I stay away from there.
Little Mud Pond, Pecks Pond, and Minisink are also good lakes.
[signature]
It's a little late on a reply but I'm in pike county as well, Shahola is a great lake for summer and fall topwater action. But it's best to fish it after 6:00pm. The Delaware should be good for musky and walleye right now. The smallmouth are ok there as well. I have found the best time for the smallies is about 2 weeks after ice out. I have caught a few over 5lbs. after that time it seems like you catch more dinks than anything. After ice out you can fish right from the shore at dingmans. Go under the bridge and fish the eddy right on the left side. The shore line has been changed a bit due to the recent floods. If you are interested I am always looking for someone to go fishing with. I have a 18' square back. and 20' center console for the saltwater.
[signature]
Shad are running in the Delaware right now. As well as a good smallmouth and walleye bite. There is descent fishing between Dingmans and Bushkill ramps.
[signature]