Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
watch hill R.I.
headed out to rhode island,for some fluke,ended up finding a bunch of shorts,landed one at 20 inches,what save the day was the blues,ended up with 20 blues,nothing big largest was 18 inches but still fun with light tackel
[signature]
one other thing that was caught was a sea gull,had a hell of a time untangling him/her,will post pics when i get them
[signature]
here are the pics of the seagull
[signature]
LOL, that's funny. You catching that bird brings back memories. A long time ago, I saw a guy's king mackerel rig get snagged by an osprey. Boy did he have his hands full. I don't know if you guys use king rigs up there in ct, but on the piers around here, they use a stationary outrigger style rig off the pier that keeps the live bait on or near the top of the water.

This guy was just chillin' under the pier with the rest of us, waiting for that wonderful sound that the clicker makes when the bait get's nabbed by a large fish. Sure enough, Zingggggggggggggggggggggg, off his reel went, and like a bolt of lightning, off he went after it. He picked up his reel, switched off the clicker and began to reel frantically. LOL, the guy says "which way is he going, I can't see the line............." I laughed as the guy beside him said "UP!" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't imagine the look on that guys face. The bad part was getting that 3 hook rig out of that poor osprey. It was a sensitive notion as an osprey can do some serious damage with those talons and beak. We kept his head covered to keep him calmed down during the process. It took a little help from everyone on the end to free him. Though funny, it wouldn't bother me if that never happened again. [Smile]
[signature]
Looks like a good year for ya. Your catching everything in sight. LOL
[signature]
lol.i catching everything but what i want
[signature]
hate when I do that,

I caught 3 mallards over the years, its weird reeling them in when they are flying... ya dont want to hurt them.

I was fishing with crickets and when the bite got slow I kicked back to catch a snooze when they took off with my line...
[signature]