Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H3 ver 2.1
So here is the updated version on my set up for the H3. It still needs a few minor revisements. But it is very close. The rod holder will swing back and forth to make rod changes easier if I choose. Also I need to slightly move the sonar as I keep hitting it with rod when casting. Have a look and let me know what ya think.

[inline "H3 ver 2.1 left.jpg"]

[inline "H3 ver 2.1 Right.jpg"]
[signature]
the funny thing about that is I actually fish a little BassAckwards. I can cast with either but I actually fight fish holding the rod in my left hand and reel with the right. I can flip it but I do not like it. It is just a little higher and in more than on my first tube. It is not all completely glued so the changes will not be to hard. But thanks for the suggestion.
[signature]
That is sitting high. Maybe get rid of that thing it is sitting on and go for an angle plate or something.
Larry Tullis posted on another forum that you can actually add a motor to the H3 due to its size (if you weigh under 300 lbs)
I get the battery placement, probably the same as the Navigator II, a metal shelf across the back, but I am waiting to hear how he mounts the motor......WAHOO!
[signature]
After he gets it rigged you will have to send me the link. I would like to see that. I can see how you could get away with the shelf like on the Nav II. that is kinda what made me think of that design. Take some plastic about 3/8 to 1/2 an inch think and cut to fit. may have to use a Smile riser on the seat side to level it out. Now we just need to put in the zipper part to put the motor through [Wink].

I do however like the strap on scotty rod holder
[signature]
I am picturing, diamond plate aluminum, but a cut out for a battery box so the battery is in the "V". Two aluminum poles (square or round" would work also and bolt them to the battery box with a little more elevation in the box behind the seat so it sits level.
But he mentioned an extention for the motor mount, so I am picturing it off the point.

I can do this![laugh]
[signature]
Yea it sounds way cool. When i was assembling mine I was thinking of putting a small deck on the back like the Navigator's. It just blew me away at how wide the tube is when I was building it. MMm now you really have me thinking Joni.
[signature]